AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dues how are ya??

Does anyone know if the movie THE GOONIES was ever released IN ITS ORIGINAL ANALOGUE FORMAT on VHS? (Cat # 11474) The only ones I can find have been DIGITALLY PROCESSED and its sickening!!!!

THIS MOVIE WAS MADE IN 1985 and its beautiful analogue format wont ever be able to be experienced :(

I know on VIDEODISC,the movie is THE ORIGINAL MOVIE!! (NOTHING DIGITAL.. TOTAL PURITY)

Anyone happen to know?? -- THAT PURPLE TAPE ABOVE IS THE FIRST RELEASE OF THIS I THINK...... (I would love to see the print date on that)

I have a newer 1997 copy (DIFFERENT CAT # (13275)) that does not say "DIGITALLY PROCESSED" but it doesnt sound like true analogue either.... (Im not sure how pure it is compared to 11474 on videodisc)

Anyone have any ideas?? -- Just putting this here seeing if someone could point me in the right direction..... (Less getting a Videodisc copy of it)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you my friend :)

I may do that.........

Im wondering if anyone out there who does have a videodisc player AND HAS THIS MOVIE,might be willing to make me a copy (Dub from videodisc to VCR in SP mode) -- There may be,who knows.......

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes and it wont be anywhere near as g00d as the original

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.