1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Alright! One of my favs!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
How was the second movie? I know Best Buy is selling it as a 2 pack.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I will say its not as bad as I thought it could be. Worth getting if you like Babe.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
Whoo-hoo!!! Look at this!! The three magic letters:

"Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound"
Does that mean that the rooster will have tighter, faster, bass?...just kidding. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
For those who have picked up the DVD 2-pack, are both films widescreen or just the first one?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to the Internet, BABE: PIG IN THE CITY (Universal Studios #20527) was released as an anamorphic ws/p&s disc (one disk, both formats on same disc), though one review says it's more like 1.66:1 than the box's 1.85:1.

I did see that the new BABE ws is IDENTICAL in packaging to the full screen except on the top in the yellow bar it says WIDESCREEN instead of FULLSCREEN. Usually studios use a different color to differentiate them. So, make sure you get the WS if that's what you want.

Best Buy is the only place I saw the 2-pack -- $19.99 intro price this week ($22.99 afterwards).

Wal-Mart in Lewisville has the single BABE: Special Edition (WS or FULLSCREEN -- make sure you buy the correct one) for $12.88, but no copies of Pig In The City.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks for the clarification!

The widescreen box set was a bit confusing when I looked at it because the spine of one movie says widscreen, the spine of the other says nothing, and the box itself is less than informative.

Looks like I'll be picking this set up today.

·
Registered
77 Posts
urgh, they really re-release this film??? damn universal for even making that piece of crap :p

long live pixar :D

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxC
How was the second movie? I know Best Buy is selling it as a 2 pack.
I got the 2-pack and last night watched BABE: PIG IN THE CITY for the first time. WHAT A TRIP!!! Whoever did that movie must have been on some serious drugs, like I suspect Dr. Seuss was when he wrote ONE FISH, TWO FISH, RED FISH, BLUE FISH -- a favorite that would have us rolling on the floor with laughter in college days due to the sheer profundity of its prose and poetry.

It looked to me that I couldn't watch the original BABE without having to endure the trailers/previews -- I wasn't able to bypass them (but I may not have tried all the tricks) except by doing a FF through it all.

BABE: PIG IN THE CITY is a gem of a film. Awesome animatronics and animal special effects. Very bizarre sets. It should have been entitled BABE'S INFERNO or BABE TAKES A (LSD) TRIP. Loved it!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
A pig that hit 714 home runs...that's purr-dy amazing!:D

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by starscomeout
I got the 2 pack at my local Walmart for $17.88.

Don
I hope you made sure you got the WIDESCREEN version (of Babe 1), because the packaging is almost identical except for the words "full screen" and "wide screen."

Congrats!! I didn't see it at Wal-Mart, so Best Buy got my $19.99.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
I hope you made sure you got the WIDESCREEN version (of Babe 1), because the packaging is almost identical except for the words "full screen" and "wide screen."

Congrats!! I didn't see it at Wal-Mart, so Best Buy got my $19.99.
You do have to be very careful, they had the full screen and the widescreen versions stack separately, but side by side. However when I walk out of the store and got to my car I check and realized that I had the full screen version, so I went right back in and exchanged it for the correct one.

Don

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by starscomeout
You do have to be very careful, they had the full screen and the widescreen versions stack separately, but side by side. However when I walk out of the store and got to my car I check and realized that I had the full screen version, so I went right back in and exchanged it for the correct one.

Don
That'll do, Don. That'll do. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.