AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a receiver on the market that allows me to change volume increments? I was looking at the Yamaha RX-V673, but the only feature it doesn't have is changing volume increments. Pressing Volume up/down changes in .5db increments, and I would like to change this to 2-3db increments or something. So I was wondering if this option even exists.

I currently have a Pioneer 1021, but it crashes sometimes because I have HDMI through cat6 that I am using through my walls here. Also I moved it behind a closed door cabinet, so I need something with volume OSD. Basically these are my needs, and being able to change volume increments would be an awesome bonus!

I find I ride the volume a lot so I don't bother my neighbors, and it's kind of a pain to hold down the volume for a couple seconds instead of pressing volume up/down a couple times. Even a 6db quasi-mute feature or something could probably do the trick. Maybe I'm asking too much here...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well now that I posted this in the generic Receiver forum, there is a small note on page 146 of the manual that looks like you might be able to change it from .5db to 5db increments. I suppose it would be better to ask in that sub forum, but since I already posted this here, I guess I'll leave it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I think you're right, I just looked at the manual and it appears it is only through the web interface.

So I guess my question still stands... Is there a receiver that can do this?

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by portishead  /t/1471403/a-receiver-that-allows-me-to-change-volume-increment#post_23281826

Thanks I think you're right, I just looked at the manual and it appears it is only through the web interface.

So I guess my question still stands... Is there a receiver that can do this?

Probably my post will be of no use for you, but I'm facing the same issue on my side. I've also found that the 0.5 dB increments are a PITA and would be happy to have steps of 5 dBs. I found anything below a 5 dB increment is practically useless, the perceived volume doesn't change to a noticable level, while pressing and holding the button on the remote seems like it takes me to infinity and causes discomfort. I have a Denon AVR-2310, btw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts