A hopefully simple question.

Current set up:

- Living Room - AT&T cable and IR-connected (IR blaster) Tivo

- Bedroom - AT&T cable

New setup:

- Living Room - Hughes E86 for HDTV

- Bedroom - Hughes GCEBO and serial-connected Tivo

The Problem:

I generally use Tivo in the LR, but having it accessible in both locations will be nice. I will need to split the signal in the bedroom and get one side to the LR.

These seem to be the options:

- Run a cable from bedroom to LR (having a hard time finding someone to do a single cable run)

- Distribute signal through the phone line (the accessible jack in the LR is via an RCA phone-jack extender. Will this work?)

- Wireless (I have a 5 PC wireless lan and 2.4 g phone system. Interference?)

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

-Laudon

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The task you describe is best handled by running a cable. Your wireless lan is not setup for handling Analog video signals. The telephone lines also are a poor choice. You didn't mention how far the run was or how difficult in terms of going under the floor, through the wall or ceiling etc. Your choice is to run an S-Video line for best quality or a composite video line. The composite is easier since it is just a single coax line. The only other alternative would be to try to utilize the existing Cable coax run by purchasing a modulator that puts the signal on the cable above the other channels. This would be a relatively expensive solution and in all honesty a 2nd Tivo might be a better choice. If it was me, I would find a way to run the cable myself.

..Doyle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.