AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at he history of Greg's projector reviews at WSR, he seemed to prefer reviewing higher end DLP or LCOS projectors from Marantz, Sharp and JVC etc and Bill Cushman would review the cheaper LCD projectors.

It seems that the Epson 1080UB might be a breakthrough projector for LCD technology that may finally be able to come close to or match the contrast and black level of DLP and LCOS projectors. As Greg is a well respected reviewer and his reviews are usually of very high standard and comprehensive. I think it would be interesting to read a review of the Epson 1080UB from Greg. I think many people would be interested in reading Greg's view on this projector.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree, early reviews make it seem like this PJ is a surprise performer, I would value Greg's opinion on what it gives up compared to more expensive units.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The new issue of WSR apparently has a review of the Sanyo Z2000 - likely not by Greg, but a review none-the-less.

I honestly don't know if the Epson fits into the market that WSR is aimed at. I would be glad to see it written up by someone like Greg.

Roo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Low /forum/post/12905008

The new issue of WSR apparently has a review of the Sanyo Z2000 - likely not by Greg, but a review none-the-less.

I honestly don't know if the Epson fits into the market that WSR is aimed at. I would be glad to see it written up by someone like Greg.

Roo

The Sanyo Z2000 review was written by Bill Cushman. I see no reason why the Epson 1080UB wouldn't fit in with the readers of WSR however, I am certainly one of those WSR readers and subscribers.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
I would like to see this happen as well.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandlim /forum/post/12906175

I see no reason why the Epson 1080UB wouldn't fit in with the readers of WSR however, I am certainly one of those WSR readers and subscribers.

I'm a subscriber as well. The reason for my comment about it not fitting the market is that they tend to review fairly high end gear, or more specifically - gear that custom installers are likely to be selling to their clients. Maybe I'm off base here - happy to be corrected by someone in the know.

That said - they did review the AE1000 last year, as well as the Z5. So maybe the 1080UB will appear too.

Roo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Low /forum/post/12909773

I'm a subscriber as well. The reason for my comment about it not fitting the market is that they tend to review fairly high end gear, or more specifically - gear that custom installers are likely to be selling to their clients. Maybe I'm off base here - happy to be corrected by someone in the know.

That said - they did review the AE1000 last year, as well as the Z5. So maybe the 1080UB will appear too.

Roo

Well, the Pro version of the 1080UB is ISF certified and sold by custom installers. So even that should fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts