Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I write from Europe and I've just bought a Panasonic 300 prj.

I don't know if in US you have the scart connection but in case I hope there is some one reading it from Europe that could help me

I realized by myself a RGB cable with scart-scart connection.

I used a cable with 4 rg59 (a 75 ohm coaxial cable) and I connect those pins on the scart

Red...........................................pin 15

GND RED.......................................pin 13

GREEN.........................................pin 11

GND green.....................................pin 9

Blue..........................................pin 7

GND Blue......................................pin 5

Sincro Composite CVBS,........................pin 19 out 20 in

GND Sincro Composite CVBS.....................pin 17 out 18 in

When I try to connect a dvd to prj or tv by this cable, the signal is only composite CVBS

Of course I used a tester to check the connection and everyone seems to be good. Which is my error?

Maybe I have to connect the 6 pins of RGB and then the blanking (and which are the pin of these cables?).

Sorry for my english but I don't know very well these technical words.)

Bye and hope to be possible for you to help me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Pal27,

I'm thinking of doing exactly the same thing.

It occured to me that pin 16 (CVBS or RGB mode select) should also be connected, possibly in preference to pins 20 and 18, which are for output only.

I haven't done this yet, so I'll be keen to see how you get on.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I solved my problem but I need to add an external rg59 coaxial 75 Ohm cable to connect pin16 and its gnd on pin 14.

So what you need to connect a dvd (for example) to panasonic 300 by a scart-scart is to link RGB pins and their gnd, CVBS (17&19 out and 18&20 in) and also 14&16. So you need a cable with 5 conductors.

If you want to see the AV1 when you insert a dvd automatically you need also pin 8 to be connected.

Now I solved my problem but unfortunately I have a cable that run around my big 4 conductors cable!

I was in Australia this summer and I found it very nice, but I didn't visit Adelaide as I went from Sydney to Cairns! It's very funny to share the same problem with someone so far!!

Bye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.