AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to get my first pair of really good speakers. I have a pair of Shure SE530 headphones and would like something that sounds at least as good as those (otherwise whats the point, right?) but the advice I have received so far is all over the map, to the point of being useless. Used would be fine. Do you guys have any suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I had a set of the Shure E2 and E3 and i found the E3 thin and the E2 had a bose type of sound with no midrange. THey fit great but didnt sound so good.

Sounds like they may have changed them and they are a little better?

How much did those mind blowing hadphones run you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new SE530's are amazing. I have not been big fans of the lower models either, the 1's esp. as they are as terrible as the stock iPod ones. There only benefit is the fit they can provide. I got them for 250 on ebay. The MSRP is 500 but they can be found for around 300 regularly on ebay. Now I just need to find some speakers I love just as much!

·
Registered
188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRhetoric /forum/post/16958882

The new SE530's are amazing. I have not been big fans of the lower models either, the 1's esp. as they are as terrible as the stock iPod ones. There only benefit is the fit they can provide. I got them for 250 on ebay. The MSRP is 500 but they can be found for around 300 regularly on ebay. Now I just need to find some speakers I love just as much!

Over at Head-fi, people talk about a 5:1 (or maybe that's 10:1) rule of thumb, which means you should be looking at speakers in the 2500 (or 5000) range. Of course, we all know how useless that type of rule of thumb is.

I think part of the problem you're having is that everyone hears things differently. Also, room acoustics plays a large role with speakers. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to go listen for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.