AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm newly registered, but have lurked a bit on these forums. Right now I have no HD source (I am on DishNetwork but have not/won't be migrating to HDTV for a while yet) but will need to replace my TV fairly soon.

I already have 5.1 surround sound, so a TV that doesn't cost extra due to its audio features is what I have in mind.

I'd like to go flat panel, not projection, 36" - 50" range, with HD capability for when I'm able to make the switch (or for DVD now?), and no more than $1500, if that's possible.

If there's somewhere that I can look this up I don't mind doing the legwok if someone will kindly give me a nudge in the right direction!

Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I do not think any 36"+ LCD and/or Plasma fits in that price range.

There are 34" widescreen Flat CRT tube TV's for that price, but they do not hang on a wall.

The HD Plasma screens without Audio are commercial grade units, which may have really good picture, but are way over your price range, you might get really, really lucky getting one from a company that is going bankrupt, though (but watch for burn-in).

Otherwise, I personally think a front projector like the Infocus X1 has more "sex appeal" than even a Plasma, as the screen on the wall can be even thinner, just white paint if you want, and it easily fits in your price range. (MSRP $999)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
For starters take a look at the models that places like bb and cc sell take some demo material and see if the madels they carry fit the bill. Each of these places carries models by Samsung, Philips, and Sony to name a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.