AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been looking to get an HDTV for quite some time now. I've been looking at sales, and prices, and all that stuff for about 4 months, just waiting for the right deal to come around. Well, today in the A&B Sound flyer (Canada), there was a Sony's KF42E200A 42 Grand WEGA® 3LCD Rear Projection Television on for $1200 CAD. It also comes with a stand for free.

My main question is whether or not this TV would be good for gaming with the 360? 90% of the time I will either be watching DVDs, or playing games. But, I've heard from a few sources that gaming with a projection TV isn't the best way to go about it. Apparently LCDs are better for gaming? Also, would this be a good purchase for a first time buyer, or am I better off going with something smaller, and more "low-end"?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I just read the forum rules, and I am NOT posting to ask about price. I am simply asking about the TV, and whether or not it would be good for my purposes. I just included the price and retailer as a reference for people.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just purchased the TV and I can safely say Xbox 360 is stunning. Better than my flat panel. My only question is does the "Silk Screen Effect" bother you. I see it ALOT on this TV. Its not *that* bothersome to me - it beats the heck out of glare from my RPCRT whenever someone turns a light or backlight bleeding from the 5 or so FP's I have tried out....

But overall, great TV for Xbox, DVD and HD sat/cable.....I also have it working as a excellent Media Center PC monitor with a DVI-HDMI cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.