AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience with these two guys. The green tube on my G90 went down on December 14th. We had a movie night event planned on January 12th. I called Greg via a referral from Terry F. and he told me to send the failed tube up and he would do everything in his power to turn it around in time. The only problem would be trying to get a tube quick enough with people not being in during the holidays but he would order it in right away. My tube and payment got to him on January 5th and he had the new tube mounted and back to me by Saturday the 10th!!!! Wow! Not only was that a quick turnaround but Greg kept in contact with me the whole time. He was always available and when he wasn't, he returned my call the same day. Unbelievable customer service and his tubes are HIGH-REZ simulation grade at a cheaper price than others.

Now I had also been speaking to Craig Rounds during that time as I had a little something he needed to pick up but doing it by our movie night on the 12th WAS NOT in his plans. When he heard of my situation, he re-arranged his schedule and agreed to come down on the morning of the event in order to have it dialed in by that night for the event. Craig showed up at around 10am and got straight to work. Being a rep for Lumagen, he really knew his way around my HDP. He was working that remote like my little nephew does his phone while texting!
Craig is a perfectionist when it comes to his work. He could have very easily just lined the green up with the red or blue from before but he chose to break out the chalk and laser level and start from scratch. Craig is an Engineer so he has a different way of attacking a calibration. Nothing goes unnoticed or untouched. Even if it looks correct, he checks and confirms that it is indeed correct! This lead to him noticing that I didn't have the latest update installed on my Lumagen so he quickly hooked up his laptop and transferred over one of his "Lumagen dealer representative files", typed in a special code, and WHAMMO!!!! my colors were instantly improved!! Craig also commented on how razor sharp the tube was that Greg had sold me. He was quite impressed and will be using Greg in the future for all of his replacement tube needs.

In the end, my G90 has never looked better thanks to Greg and Craig. Actually, it's stunning!!!! Both of these guys went out of their way to make sure that my event went off without a hitch. I can't say enough about my experience with these two guys and would suggest their services to anyone in need of them.

So THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!!! Our employees had a wonderful night because you two went the extra mile to see that it happened for them!!!

Doc

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Nice Doc, I can vouch for Craig's attention to detail, he was at my place for two days doing my Mitsu RPTV and my marquee. When the marquee started to smoke while he was still here when I got home form work he did not hesitate to make sure the calibration was correct after i had a spar HDM to replace the smoking one!

i say he put in a total of 20 hours in two days, he stayed at my place and makes great conversation too.

Greg from what i have dealt with him is also i a nice guy and gets lots of hassle from most here. I bet those High rez simulator tubes he gets are from Thomas electronics, they make an LUG pinout style tube too. I know one simulator customer that uses these as well.

PS Doc keep those Lens for me I am almost ready !

Athanasios

1 - 3 of 3 Posts