AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every subwoofer companies literature brags they are the best. Different subs serve different purposes. You wouldn't put a M&K sub on a dance floor, nor would you use a Meyer dance speaker at home-there are many technical and considerations why.

On the surface SVS and Velodyne seemed to have copied M&K for their square subs and HSU for the cylinders. Maybe some companies use cheaper stuff. Maybe they cut corners and do not use bucking magnets. Maybe their cabinet is more simple and less solid. The sub puts out some bass and everyone is happy. For MOST home theater applications, (i.e. not music) a sub is a sub, is a sub. It's not until you really put demands on the thing that the differances show up. So my two cents is that not all subs are created equal, but shouldn't it boil down to a matter of what you like?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm very confused as to the actual purpose of your post... NO two items are created completely equal. Either one is better or the other is (better being subjective to the consumer).

In the end, I buy what I like. Is that what you're trying to say?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.