AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desperately looking to buy this 3D but looks so high priced everywhere.
Not sure where you guys managed to buy this

·
Registered
946 Posts
I wouldn't be desperate to buy this unless you have a 4 year old who is an obsessed 3-D fan - it is aimed at very young children.

·
Registered
466 Posts
As demo material it is very strong 3D with positive and negative parallax that really stands out. Fish literally swimming right in front of your nose. No USA studios are this aggressive with the 3D. If your display device has ghosting issues this will bring it out. If you have a solid display for 3D it really looks fantastic. That said I have not watched the entire movie. Might give some a headache with such strong 3D. But for a few chapters it is 3D in all its glory. YMMV of course.

Another "kids" title with tremendous 3D is "Thunder and the House of Magic 3D". I am not sure I would show either of these to kids with the 3D so strong. FYI.

·
Registered
946 Posts
True, most of today's 3-D is very mild (as Bob Furmanek says 2.5D). However, if you are looking for more aggressive depth, I'd direct you to the 50's and especially the gimmicky 80's movies. They blow today's stuff out of the water.

www.3dfilmarchive.com will enlighten you.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good advice. I have most of their titles (at least 10 of them I think). Golden age and all. I also have "Commin At Ya" that I am almost afraid to watch from what I have heard. Might have to take a dip tonight to see if the reports of its 3D are true. I am sure it is a terrible movie but I picked it up just to purview its 3D.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good advice. I have most of their titles (at least 10 of them I think). Golden age and all. I also have "Commin At Ya" that I am almost afraid to watch from what I have heard. Might have to take a dip tonight to see if the reports of its 3D are true. I am sure it is a terrible movie but I picked it up just to purview its 3D.
same here ;)
It's been a few days since 'Comming At Ya' arrived but no time so far to watch.
I will watch it tonight or this week end and post my comments.

I just tested the disc with my 48" Sony Active 3D for few scenes & got a feeling of 'WOW'. Now i need to play it in my 120" screen ;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I gave up searching for a region A copy that i was willing to pay for a few years ago and instead bought a digital version on VuDu. Its the only digital movie i've ever payed for but i have a little girl and thought that she would love the movie. We watched it a few times but it has been a while and although I do admit its more of a child's movie it was fun to watch with the wife and kid.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts