AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a roku issue after update. Got a roku ultra so my wife could shut off display and still listen to shows.
Have a 720p plasma that worked fine for year and half untill last up date. As soon as you shut off tv roku would start spinning ball on Youtube tv, Amazon, Hulu other apps would work fine.
I have done all the things to troubleshoot. One suggestion was maybe it was the 720p so went an got a hdtv and funny thing it would work for 15 min then samething not like 720p would be instant. Same apps so i think it is the three apps.
Was thinking about this tv jus hate to buy it and have to take it back LG - 43" Model:43UM6910PUA Thanks for any help

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a roku issue after update. Got a roku ultra so my wife could shut off display and still listen to shows.
Have a 720p plasma that worked fine for year and half untill last up date. As soon as you shut off tv roku would start spinning ball on Youtube tv, Amazon, Hulu other apps would work fine.
I have done all the things to troubleshoot. One suggestion was maybe it was the 720p so went an got a hdtv and funny thing it would work for 15 min then samething not like 720p would be instant. Same apps so i think it is the three apps.
Was thinking about this tv jus hate to buy it and have to take it back LG - 43" Model:43UM6910PUA Thanks for any help
I don't know about current models, but my 2016 P55-C1 and other Vizio models in that timeframe have a "picture mute" feature. When the Mute button on the remote is held down, the screen goes dark, while all the other features remain powered up. The purpose is to allow audio to be sourced through the display without using the screen. That sounds exactly like what you want. So you might check with Vizio and see if the 2019 and upcoming 2021 models still include that feature.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Both my HiSense 6570 and Sony 900E have this capability. Most Android TVs have the capability to shut the display off while continuing listening to listen to the audio.

I use this function at night to play podcasts using the Tune-in app. Audio is routed to my Soundbar or AVR, depending on which TV I am using.

Reactions: pilotart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about current models, but my 2016 P55-C1 and other Vizio models in that timeframe have a "picture mute" feature. When the Mute button on the remote is held down, the screen goes dark, while all the other features remain powered up. The purpose is to allow audio to be sourced through the display without using the screen. That sounds exactly like what you want. So you might check with Vizio and see if the 2019 and upcoming 2021 models still include that feature.
They say for streaming an audio application (Pandora, Spotify, etc) could you try it with it with one of the above apps if so let it run for over 15min. Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts