AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my PS4 yesterday and noticed my A/V cabinet is getting pretty warm. My cabinet is pretty much sealed in the back but completely open in the front, which is probably not creating great ventilation. It's a custom cabinet that I can easily remove from the wall and install a fan in, my question is should I just buy a USB fan and have it blow on the PS4 or should I install a fan that vents out the hot air through the top? Can someone direct me to the "go to" fan for an application like this? I'm new to this. If it matters my A/V cabinet has a receiver on the bottom, then PS4, then directv receiver (non-dvr) with decent space between them. If I go the exhaust fan route should I drill holes in the shelves and bottom of the cabinet too?

Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed, I saw one thread on this issue and couldn't get much of a solid answer from it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Coolerguys.com has some cabinet cooling solutions. I use the rackmount 1U fan controller that controls 4 fans that automatically turn on when the temperature in my rack reaches a certain level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts