AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front projection system with audio racks built in to a large wall unit on either side of the screen. The screen is in front of the wall unit (attached to it) and there is a 70 inch wide by 30 inch deep by 80 inch tall cavity behind the screen into which I would like to exhaust hot air from the A/V racks (the racks have glass doors). The screen has a center channel below it and inside the cavity and there is a 70 inch by 12 inch piece of speaker cloth at the bottom of the cavity for the center channel. I figure the hot air can exhaust naturally through this speaker cloth after it is exhausted by the fan(s) into the cavity.

I am looking for recommendations on what type of fan(s) to get for the a/v racks. One rack has much more equipment than the other and gets much hotter (denon 3808, htpc (pentium 2.6 with four drives), dvd player, dac, parametric equalizer, hd satellite receiver). The other has a few satellite receivers and a TIVO. Ideally, these would be automatic and would turn on only when needed.

At this point, price is not an issue as I have no idea about what's available and would love to hear about various alternatives. Since I can mount them in the cabinet wall, I don't need anything that would be rack mountable (don't have a rack anyway).

Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would contact ATM. They are the makers of cool stacks but they also have the fans by themselves. I would just order them with the thermostat option. That way they will turn on only when needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.