AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the place for this post but...

Is there a free software for making a flowchart of all the equipment in one's home theater? I want to have a reference to use later so I know which component is connected to which other component and how.

Example (using text):

Direct TV HDMI OUT ----> Sony XBR3 HDMI input 7

Direct TV Optical Audio OUT ----> Harman/Kardon AVR Optical input 1

So what I'm after is you basic flowchart with lines connecting each component. Each line would have labels indicating what input/output connection is made. Preferably I'd like to include images of these devices, or at least clipart to represent a receiver, TV, dvd, PS3, etc.

I can mess with the flowchart capabilities of Microsoft Office, but I figured I'd post the question here first before beginning that headache.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I've done similar for non-AV projects in PowerPoint without much problem. You can use images of your gear, label in various colors, link/group connections so if you move one thing, another moves with it, etc. If you already have Office, that's probably the easiest method.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sure i can figure that out, but i was just curious if something existed specifically for audio/video connection charting. I've seen some nice multi-colored flowchart images on the web but no software specifically for that, maybe someone has. If all else fails i'll just use powerpoint like you suggested.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts