AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

Looking to get a mid-level ($600 or less) a/v receiver. I was just looking at Yamaha's and even that brand alone has so many receivers, so I figured I would ask for recommendations. I will only be hooking up my ps3 and pc to the receiver (and maybe an ipod from time to time). Main use will be for music (via my pc), hd media (blu rays via ps3, hd content via pc), ps3 gaming, sd media (via pc)

Features I'm looking for:

1) 5.1 (minimum); 90W (minimum) per channel; 7.1/120W preferred

2) analog (preferred) and HDMI (required) upscaling to 1080p (I'm looking to upscale my standard def content, and it will be fed to the unit via dvi/hdmi)

3) some of the yamaha's have an auto calibration feature with a mic that I found pretty cool, would be nice to have something like that.

and that's basically it. I don't need 3d, and I'm not sure what other types of features are available. I won't be going very extravagant on the speaker set either; 5.1 (for now, at least), probably a mid-range ($1000-$1500). Reason I'm looking for higher power output is my uncle is donating 2 monstrous fronts to me that I will use, if possible.

right now, I'm looking at the Yamaha RX-V667:
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...67/?mode=model

Appreciate the help for a noobie.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts