AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i onkly use a onkyo tx-sr 876 receiver.....how much speaker power should i have to get the best results from both the receiver and speaker......,currently i am running klipsch s2 for f/l and side and wc24 center with klipsch sub.

·
Registered
28,734 Posts
The Onkyo 876 will have plenty of power for your needs unless you've got an extremely large room. Klipsch speakers have a high sensitivity so it doesn't take much power to get them loud.

There is no specific wattage if that's what you're looking for but that receiver has plenty enough to do the job.

Aren't the S2 surround speakers? Why are you using them from front left and right?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
145 watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm

loads, 2 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, with a

maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.05% (FTC)

With 1KW power usage, seems a good amp...unlike modern ones that claim 200W x 9...but use 400W lol

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
basically drivers facing each other in opposing directions. You also get dipole (one side out of phase) and tripole (one extra mid bass driver facing forward)

Move the S2 to side and surrounds, and buy a set of standard monopole speakers for fronts.

I tried using bipole for fronts to just see what it's like, it produces a very wide soundfield but it's too blurred. Ideal for surrounds but not fronts.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Newbie q, I have ss1's as surrounds, are these speakers still considers bipole, when there is only driver and two tweeters. I do agree they would not sound good as mains

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
yeah some bipole have different number of drivers, I've seen ones

two treble, one mid

two treble, two mid

two treble, two mid, one bass

The ones I use now for rears, have two treble, two midrange. I tried a pair with two treble, one mid I didn't like them, Jamo Surround 200/300...found one side lopsided in the soundstage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts