AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a component cabinet to go with my new plasma tv. l don't want to look at either the components or all the wires. I'd like to keep the cabinet doors closed.

Does anyone make an a/v receiver (or any other components) that use rf rather than optical/infrared/or other line-of-sight devices?

(RF is the type that will work from another room).

Tnx for your help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pursuing that option will severely limit your choices. I know of only 2 receivers with RF-capable remotes, and they're both in the $3500+ range. And the only A/V component with an RF-capable remote that I know of are some of the older "high-end" DirecTV receivers from Sony and Hughes.

Your better option is to pursue a remote-control repeater solution. Here's a current thread on it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=193016

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ya, I would look at the IR repeater solutions first. Although if you really want RF, Kenwood soverign, Kenwood 6070 all have RF. Dish PVR's have RF as well. And I am sure many other receivers/devices have RF too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jim:

The Kenwood VR-6060 and VR-6070 have RF remotes that also offer Learning capabilities.

I believe the entire Kenwood Sovereign lineup has RF/Learning remotes as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help.

I'm swimming in remotes and drowning in complexity....I think that adding another layer via the IR repeaters is not going to make my life any simpler.

I have looked at the Kenwood products since I received these posts and they seem to be the answer.

Thanks for your help. If anyone knows of another product line with RF, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
SRR is right - look at some of the Niles ones - they offer systems that may be cheaper than replacing your exsisting one - and can detect if equipment is on or off. The remotes are made to do macros such that the buttons you need to press are few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.