AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research on receivers with component switching because my next purchase will likely be such a unit that can allow me to watch Dish HD, DirecTV HD, progressive-scan DVD, and XBOX without switching cables around. There aren't any 4 input receivers (yet) but I could buy a three input receiver and a 2 input HD monitor to get four useable inputs.

I'm hoping that people here can help me fill in some of the blanks.

I know of three receivers that have 3 inputs:

Denon 4802

Denon 5800

Yamaha RX-V1

Also interesting is the two input Kenwood VR-5900 that does video format conversion so you can output S-Video and Composite sources on the component output. Good if you are short on monitor inputs or don't want to switch the input on your monitor.

I also have the following list of 2 input receivers. Does anyone of any of these are not HD-capable? Which ones am I missing?

Denon AVR-4800

Denon AVR-3802

Denon AVR-3801

Denon AVR-2802

JVC RX-9010VBK

JVC RX-8010VBK

Kenwood VR-5900

Kenwood VR-5700

Kenwood VR-5090

Kenwood VR-5080

Krell Home Theater Standard

Onkyo TX-DS989

Onkyo TX-DS898

Onkyo TX-DS797

Onkyo TX-DS787

Onkyo TX-DS696

Pioneer VSX-39TX

Pioneer VSX-37TX

Pioneer VSX-36TX

Pioneer VSX-35TX

Pioneer VSX-D850S

Pioneer VSX-D810S

Pioneer VSX-D710S

Sony STR-V55ES

Sony STR-V444ES

Sunfire Theater Grand II

Yamaha HTR-5460

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use 4 w/the RX-V1 and a Toshiba Cinema HD set, works really well, before upgrading to the RX(100MHZ component inputs) I used a passive 40.00 switch using the composite inputs for up to 4 inputs w/one output. It worked but added some noise to the picture.

If vision quality is a priorty, spend the extra and use better than stock cables as well such as www.bettercables.com

------------------

hermithill

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, nekobus.

We can add the Integra DTR-9.1 to the list of receivers that have 3 component video inputs. Some of their other models have 2 inputs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
More dual-input component video receivers are the B&K AVR305 and 307. Also, the Integra versions of some of the Onkyo products you listed have 2 or 3 inputs. And the flagship Marantz (SR14-EX) has three component video inputs, and, IIRC, the Marantz SR-19EX also has three.

More information can be found here: http://pub7.ezboard.com/baussiedvdandhtforum

-mark

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My list of 2 input receivers is getting a bit long, so I'm going to concentrate on the 3 input receivers. I have the following...

Denon AVR-5800

Denon AVR-4802

Marantz SR-14EX

Marantz SR-18EX

Marantz SR-19EX

Yamaha RX-V1GL

Yamaha RX-V1

I'm not sure about the new Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX and 47TX. I couldn't find anything about the Integras at onkyousa.com.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The upcoming (this month) H/K AVR320 and 520 models both have 2-HDTV compatible component inputs (no bandwidth specified on the spec sheets). The AVR8000 (next month) has 3-HDTV compatible inputs.

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
www.nbtelectronics.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.