AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to www.onesuite.com and purchase a 2.9 c/m phone card and choose the zip-dial option which enables you to not have to enter your pin#.

Then on the prefix in your dialing setup for your replay enter that 1-800# for your calling card with 7 pauses (commas) at the end of the number. That's all you need to do. The pauses gives enough time for the calling card # to answer, then your unit will go ahead and dial out. At 2.9 c/m at 5 min/night * 30 nights would cost a grand total of $4.35 per month.

And if you don't have to have the unit call out every night and have 7 days of programming guide in advance. You can leave your phone line disconnected, and say every 5 days connect it. Then you can either do the manual net connect with the 243-zones and choose net connect to download the guide, or just let it dial in automatically during the night then disconnect the line again for another 5 days. Your bill that way would cost a grand total of $.87 per month.

The zip dial option with the onesuite calling card does not require you to enter the pin number when calling from your home phone along. I'm don't think other calling cards would work that would require you to enter a pin number. You may be able to enter the pauses then the pin number and other pauses but timing that right would be rather difficult. And I don't think you can dial the # and pin on your phone then do the net connect because there is no dial tone for the modem to detect.

My onesuite calling card is working perfectly for my replay dialins. My long distance carrier charges me 7 c/m but it ends up being 10 c/m after all the taxes are added. The 2.9 c/m rate includes taxes. This is saving me a bunch of money.

Hope this can help others with no local numbers save some money also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.