AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks @MKtheater I've put a lot of time into these so far and hopefully it all works out! You know I still have two 12" berry's I rock out for the basement family room area. We had that thread going for a while between both of us showing what we had and how they performed in the room. @unretarded Thanks bro! That's the plan to have the ports act kinda like another sub and also with both slot ports in the middle I'm hoping to feel a little port wind on the arm rest of the chair. My two favorite seats in the room are the two middle seats where the ports are hopefully it works out. I modeled a few boxes today to for your room 23 cubic ft at a 10hz tune is looking good I'll send over the pics tonight to you and see what you think for your build with the new SI drivers. My two SI drivers are finally on the way to my house right now for side project I'm working on...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm so happy you finally started using a Jasper jig for those woofer holes! All of your other build threads, I'd be going along, admiring all of the nice work, and then BAM! A jigsawed woofer hole would appear! ~~~SHUDDER~~~ :eek:
HAHAHA, great job here, dude. I love the layout of the baffles.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I'm so happy you finally started using a Jasper jig for those woofer holes! All of your other build threads, I'd be going along, admiring all of the nice work, and then BAM! A jigsawed woofer hole would appear! ~~~SHUDDER~~~ :eek:

HAHAHA, great job here, dude. I love the layout of the baffles.

Oh man the old days when I had use a jig saw for all the holes. I would make them to small or to big by just a hair and would get so frustrated with it. Cutting the holes for the sub was always the last thing I did because I dreaded doing it! The jasper jig with the router is a life saver you get perfect cuts and it's fast. I'm glad I bought it! I would recommend buying that for anyone wanting to build speaker or sub closures.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Looking awesome!!!

Typed on a tiny keyboard, excuse any typos

Reactions: eng-399

·
Registered
19,270 Posts
Thanks @MKtheater I've put a lot of time into these so far and hopefully it all works out! You know I still have two 12" berry's I rock out for the basement family room area. We had that thread going for a while between both of us showing what we had and how they performed in the room. @unretarded Thanks bro! That's the plan to have the ports act kinda like another sub and also with both slot ports in the middle I'm hoping to feel a little port wind on the arm rest of the chair. My two favorite seats in the room are the two middle seats where the ports are hopefully it works out. I modeled a few boxes today to for your room 23 cubic ft at a 10hz tune is looking good I'll send over the pics tonight to you and see what you think for your build with the new SI drivers. My two SI drivers are finally on the way to my house right now for side project I'm working on...
I have always said the berries are an awesome system. I have owned better speakers but as an all matching system it is formidable. I built some line arrays and they are much better. Until I build more I won't know how the atmos system will be.

The subs you build are very nice, I am just starting to learn the build process as all my other builds were done by my friend. He has an all matching 215xl and Lilmike Cinema F20 system for his work, not to mention countless beer and food.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have always said the berries are an awesome system. I have owned better speakers but as an all matching system it is formidable. I built some line arrays and they are much better. Until I build more I won't know how the atmos system will be.

The subs you build are very nice, I am just starting to learn the build process as all my other builds were done by my friend. He has an all matching 215xl and Lilmike Cinema F20 system for his work, not to mention countless beer and food.
Where's the link to your line array build? I remember reading about it somewhere, but I don't see the thread in my subscription list.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
There's not much to show but I've slowly made some progress on them. This week has been busy at work I worked three double shifts and finally going to have two off starting tomorrow which means I'll be able to finish up all the bracing and do the final sanding. Here's some pictures of the bracing that I started. I know the pictures are bad but this was all I took so far.

This box is still getting more braces installed.. I'll be lining the box with kryptonite for added strength once the braces are all installed.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Looking good! I may have missed it, but what kind of finish?

Thanks Ryan I'm going to use duratex or the same paint I used for the Titan 615's a eggshell black paint but leaning towards duratex since these will be hidden behind my seats.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I called it Theater 10.0 as it is the 10th version of the room.

Wow the 10th version that awesome you've been able to switch out gear to hear what I like the best and experiment. What brand cables where you using again (rca to xlr) I think you bought them from Amazon? I remember you said these were the best cables you bought so far and didn't make any noise over the speakers like some other cables have caused.

·
Registered
19,270 Posts
Wow the 10th version that awesome you've been able to switch out gear to hear what I like the best and experiment. What brand cables where you using again (rca to xlr) I think you bought them from Amazon? I remember you said these were the best cables you bought so far and didn't make any noise over the speakers like some other cables have caused.
I bought them off ebay. They are the balanced canare star quad. I am trying the outlaw 7140 and it is dead silent, I love it. I have the Outlaw 5000 which I have not hooked up yet for my 4 Atmos channels. I bought 4 RCA mogami cables as they are supposed to lower the noise floor by 30 dB and that amp is rated at 112(S/N). The 7140 is 120(S/N). The front speakers are 99 to 102 dB sensitive so I just say 100 dB. The berries were 96 and they were quiet with inuke amps rated at 100 dB(S/N). 10 times is the whole room system, I have changed more pieces of equipment than that. I have been thru so much gear I am starting to forget, I mean for HT only. I went threw lots of stuff trying to figure out what I wanted when buying this house and having a dedicated room. Yes, I even had the first JTR system on here. Back when you can only get them through a dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Bracing is all done and when I knock on the box it doesn't seem "hollow". I ordered duratex last. Ought from parts Express and planning on spraying gray primer on in the next few days when I get a break from work. I also have to cut out and install the terminal on each box to. I see the end of this build coming. Here's a few pictures of the bracing it was hard to show how I did it but it's all done.

Bracing is basically every 8 inches everywhere throughout the box so I hope I'm good to go.
I also filled some of the holes with mdf saw dust and glue where I had to use screws because of the crazy angle of the box and now way to clamp it. Here's what that looked like. Now there all sanded down flush and look good.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's some serious bracing \m/

Looking awesome man! Are you going to spray the Duratex also?

81 - 100 of 225 Posts