AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think i have seen this in another thread on some forum but think there was no solution that i recall. I tried the SCENE button and now when playing an MP3 file via PS3, i can't seem to change it to either surround or 7-channel stereo that i believe I was able to before. When pressing Movie/Music/Sur.Decode/Straight buttons, it just shows "Not Available" on screen. I can only engage Enhancer and Pure Direct. Help! I want to listen to my MP3s in 7-channel stereo or other DSP modes like Hall in Vienna etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally Yamaha Tech Support called back. We work through it but they were stumped as well. The PS3 plays games and BRs fine with receiver able to engage the DSP with no issues. As soon as i play an MP3, it no longer can engage the DSP. I checked the info on Audio stream, it was showing PCM 176.4KHz. He mentioned it might be this high-bit rate that is causing it. I disabled the higher bit rates for 2-channels in PS3 audio configuration and viola! that allowed it to use DSP just fine.

Bottom line, the A1000 (and A2000/A3000) can't engage DSP for higher bit-rate PCM streams.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJazz /forum/post/20882417

Finally Yamaha Tech Support called back. We work through it but they were stumped as well. The PS3 plays games and BRs fine with receiver able to engage the DSP with no issues. As soon as i play an MP3, it no longer can engage the DSP. I checked the info on Audio stream, it was showing PCM 176.4KHz. He mentioned it might be this high-bit rate that is causing it. I disabled the higher bit rates for 2-channels in PS3 audio configuration and viola! that allowed it to use DSP just fine.

Bottom line, the A1000 (and A2000/A3000) can't engage DSP for higher bit-rate PCM streams.

I discovered this 'performance limitation' on the mid-priced x67 models when I inadvertently played back a SACD as (high resolution) PCM from my Sony BDP-BX37 BD player (it turns out that the Sony BDP-BX37 BD player 'force decode to PCM' setting for BD audio also applies to SACD playback!) While SACD playback through my RX-V667 as either DSD or (high resolution) PCM sounded excellent, there is one significant difference: with SACD playback in DSD, the RX-V667 allows CinemaDSP processing; with SACD playback in (high resolution) PCM, the RX-V667 prohibits CinemaDSP processing. Ouch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.