AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My great room is 20x26 and currently has 4 in wall speakers (L R SL SR). I want to add a sub and center to make the system a complete 5.1. 90% movies 10% music. I have an onkyo sr605 to power.

I did a lot of searching and it looks like eD's A2-300 and the SVS PC12-NSD are nice subwoofers. My max is $500, so the SVS's push it a bit. The problem is I don't know if the subwoofer (a2-300) will be effective in such a large room. What do you guy's think?

Ps. The only subwoofer I have experience with is a Servo-15 that is in my HT, and my HT is relatively small so that subwoofer literally rocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. I will be purchasing the a2-300 soon then. Just wanted to be sure it would pack to punch needed in my great room.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antivirus6613 /forum/post/15582685

My great room is 20x26 and currently has 4 in wall speakers (L R SL SR). I want to add a sub and center to make the system a complete 5.1. 90% movies 10% music. I have an onkyo sr605 to power.

I did a lot of searching and it looks like eD's A2-300 and the SVS PC12-NSD are nice subwoofers. My max is $500, so the SVS's push it a bit. The problem is I don't know if the subwoofer (a2-300) will be effective in such a large room. What do you guy's think?

Ps. The only subwoofer I have experience with is a Servo-15 that is in my HT, and my HT is relatively small so that subwoofer literally rocks.

I Would step up to the eD A3-300 with the upgraded driver for $500 shipped

·
Registered
194 Posts
+1 on the A3-300 - more power, better driver, better built box (more bracing). I have one in a 15 x 28 room and it does the job quite nicely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I thought they might have some specials or something. Well I bit the bullet and bought the A3-300. Now just waiting for them to build.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antivirus6613 /forum/post/15583780

Yeah, I thought they might have some specials or something. Well I bit the bullet and bought the A3-300. Now just waiting for them to build.

The 3 week wait time is gonna feel like 2 months! Haha just kidding!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts