AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Will this update include 1080p24 output?

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer /forum/post/0

^ Correct and it fixes, CUE, black crush and the HDMI- DVI issue and more.

-Robert

...and how about the fast forward and reverse stuttering issue that has been reported? ... and the other weird audio issues that have been reported, such as the need to setup the optical output in the setup menu even if you are not using it (when using the multichannel outs)?

Also, is there really an issue with the LFE output via PCM, or is that a receiver issue, not a player issue?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Robert! I hope your enthusiasm regarding this firmware update will be met. I, like so many others have been waiting for this. Can anyone tell me how to check the current softwares version on the A2?

Thanks

8ohms

·
Registered
3 Posts
8Ohms- Menu to General>Maintenance>Update

Presumably all the initial runs of the A2 shipped with FW 1.0/T17T (displays as 1000/T17T)

We anxiously await the FW update. Let's hope it really does resolve HDMI>DVI, black crush, etc. and doesn't introduce any new issues like the A1 2.0 did surfacing black crush when with 1.4 it was fine.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nheyAlso /forum/post/0

, is there really an issue with the LFE output via PCM, or is that a receiver issue, not a player issue?

The LFE issue is with the receiver not boosting LFE 10db over LPCM. With the A1 we had a work around by lowering the channels by -10db. Was kind of hoping Tosh would add a feature to do the 10db boost from the A2. But it sounds like Pioneer has a fix out, just need to get my receiver to them for a firmware update.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Quote:

-Robert

An idiot's guide to executing the FW update would be appreciated by this idiot.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxo /forum/post/0

An idiot's guide to executing the FW update would be appreciated by this idiot.

I couldn't have said it better myself.......trouble is, when someone tries to explain this sort of thing to me, they tend to grossly underestimate the extreme level of my idiocy.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
robert, do you have any technical details on how exactly they are achieving 24p output...is it straight off the disc or the 24p-60i-24p dance?

i've been trying to determine whether 1080i or 1080p is better going to my pio pro-fhd1; guess i'll have to now add 24p into the mix as well.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

Quote:

-Robert

thank you robert
U DA MAN !! of course with the help of lovely Wendy at your side

Ok, is someone going to post here the step by step "how to set, connect, uplink, download and install A2 & XA2 firmware" for dummies or do I have to search another threads?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.