AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the few having issues with garbled/clipped/distorted audio over your center channel (mainly vocals) when using the optical output on the a2, I just want to share my findings. Just because your reciever/processor says it will handle dts, doesn't mean it will accept the 1.5 mpbs dts bitstream coming from the A2. I was able to email the HK engineer that designed my 7 year old processor and he said my unit had an older generation of the dts chipset (generation 3) that isn't capable of handling a 1.5mpbs bitstream. He recommended a more current processor having at least a gen 6 dts chipset.

If you are having the issue and you have an older receiver/processor, that could be your problem also....

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I had that with my STR-DA55ES Sony receiver. A lot of other Sony ES receiver owners with newer models than mine had similar issues.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Interesting news.

I wound up just going with a new reciever but odds are this is the problem I was having with a 6 year old kenwood (flagship VR-4900)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNYC /forum/post/0

weebedna which titles demonstrate this most for you?

I had the problem on Aeon Flux, World Trade Center and some on Dune. I didn't have it on Chronicles of Riddick (as I recall that dvd had a dts soundtrack). Those are the only hd-dvd's I've watched so far. When it would happen, I would watch over to see if it happend again in the same spot...it always did. It was just some vocals and occasionally non-vocals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.