AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an A2 player. I also just recently bought a Sony SXRD 1080p tv. It looks great all set up, but my question is, is there any benefit for me to get an A20 just to have the 1080p? If I've read it right in other threads, the tv is doing deinterlacing on the 1080i signal already, so there is no need for a 1080p source then, correct?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Correct - provided you TV is doing a good job of the de-interlacing you will be getting full quality, so no need to upgrade.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the Samsung HL-S5687 (it's a 1080p set) and picked up the HD-D2 today at CostCo. It looks fantastic. As long as your TV can properly de-interlace the picture, it shouldn't matter. I'm not familiar with the Sony, but I doubt it will be an issue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didn't know this. What about in my situation, I have the HD-A1 and was about to buy the A20 because I am purchasing a 1080P flat panel. Should I stick with the HD-A1 and let the the TV do the work???

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
My question as well. With the A2 being so cheap this week, I'm very tempted. I have a Samsung 1080P DLP, but my 360 HD add-on looks great over component at 1080i. I would get the A2 to support HDMI and full-resolution sound.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck /forum/post/0

Any different in the DVD upconversion between the A2 and the A20 that might be of value when chosing between these two?

I have read in the A20 thread that the A20 is giving a softer image from upconverting than the A2...seems like the A2 may have the edge on this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.