AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this answer is somewhere in the forum, but it's not easy to find. I understand the A20/A30 players are not very good at delivering 1080p/60. And my Mitsubishi LCD accepts 1080p/24 but converts it and displays it at 1080p/60. So with all the conversions going on in various places, is it better to stick with 1080i and let the TV just do the deinterlacing, or is it better to feed the TV 1080p/24 and let the TV just do the 3:2 conversion? And is it the same for HD as it is for upconverting SD? Makes me wonder if I shoulda just kept the A2, but I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarls /forum/post/14294308

Maybe this answer is somewhere in the forum, but it's not easy to find. I understand the A20/A30 players are not very good at delivering 1080p/60. And my Mitsubishi LCD accepts 1080p/24 but converts it and displays it at 1080p/60. So with all the conversions going on in various places, is it better to stick with 1080i and let the TV just do the deinterlacing, or is it better to feed the TV 1080p/24 and let the TV just do the 3:2 conversion? And is it the same for HD as it is for upconverting SD? Makes me wonder if I shoulda just kept the A2, but I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance.

In your case I think 1080i is the way to go. The rule of thumb is "fewer the conversion steps from the source to the destination(display), better the quality of image". I am no expert on the subject. This is just my personal opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts