AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hoping that there's just something I am overlooking.

I've had my A3 video run directly to a projector over components and it's been fine for a year.

Last week I tried using a HDMI connection just to try the audio feature. I didn't touch any thing else.

At that point, my component wires stopped sending video (manual says it should send it through both at the same time). I only wanted the HDMI for audio and to use component for video.

So I went ahead and unhooked the HDMI cables from everything. It's all back to normal. BUT, I'm not getting the video through components anymore!

The weird thing is that I can get the setup menu to show up on the projector, so it is sending something. When the movie is playing, and I push pause, I can get the pause icon to show up. I then push play and get video for about 1/2 second, then it blanks outs.

Any ideas for what I must be missing?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Resolution set to 1080P? If so the component outputs are deactivated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The A3 doesn't do 1080P. You might want to check to make sure the component cables aren't crossed up i.e green to blue etc. It's easy to get them mixed up. Incedently, I also use component for my A3 because my TV only has 1 HDMI input and I feel I get an equal if not better picture as with the HDMI connection.

Mike

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, it works again and here's how I fixed the problem.

Ready? I just unplugged the unit, then plugged it back in. I didnt touch any other wire.

I put in a disk and it worked just fine.

I assume it must have been some little glitch or something.

I'm still not sure if I can use the HDMI for just audio and component for just video yet. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would think 1080i would be best since that's the native scan for your TV. I'm not even sure your TV will accept a 720P signal because I used to have a Mitz projection HDTV and it wouldn't take in 720P. Either way I think 1080i would be best in your case.

Mike in SW Michigan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.