AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems this is all we're left with if we want a Samsung LN55A950. For a short time they were heftily marked down at BB (when in stock). Now, they're dried up except for the display models.

Question is, at what point do you pull the trigger on buying one of these open-box? The pricepoint is similar to say a new Tosh 670u or LG 55LH90.

Figure these display models have been on the floor for 6 months. How do you guys think the A950 would hold up under that much abuse (being LED)? Worth it?

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghambit /forum/post/17008976

Seems this is all we're left with if we want a Samsung LN55A950. For a short time they were heftily marked down at BB (when in stock). Now, they're dried up except for the display models.

Question is, at what point do you pull the trigger on buying one of these open-box? The pricepoint is similar to say a new Tosh 670u or LG 55LH90.

Figure these display models have been on the floor for 6 months. How do you guys think the A950 would hold up under that much abuse (being LED)? Worth it?

I would wait and go with another tv. The a950 doesn't have the custom setting under the 120 refresh rate. The newer samsung's do. The lh90 is a good tv as well. Don't buy a tv unless it's new.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Why spend all that money on a used outdated TV? If you are set on getting an LCD, then wait on the newer models from Samsung or buy the existing alternatives from other manufacturers. If you aren't dead set on LCD and are flexible, then your best bet is to purchase a plasma (Panasonic G10/V10 or Pioneer 500M Kuro) for the absolute best picture quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's a function of seeing endless positive reviews of the a950. It's almost to the pricepoint now given the reviews that one must give consideration of purchasing a display model.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghambit /forum/post/17009505

I guess it's a function of seeing endless positive reviews of the a950. It's almost to the pricepoint now given the reviews that one must give consideration of purchasing a display model.

a950 is a great tv but not good enough to buy used or refurbished. Same goes for the xbr8. You are better off with a b8000, lh90 or waiting for the b8500 or b9000. Maybe even saving a few bucks with the b750. I am in the same boat as you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorial79 /forum/post/17009540

a950 is a great tv but not good enough to buy used or refurbished. Same goes for the xbr8. You are better off with a b8000, lh90 or waiting for the b8500 or b9000. Maybe even saving a few bucks with the b750. I am in the same boat as you.

Then there's also the stupid cheap 54V10 right now (today's sales are ridiculous on ALL HDTV), and the Sharp 700UN, and the Tosh 670U... LoL

Too many go'ram choices.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Dont think i would pay thousands for a demo TV that has god knows how many hours on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 /forum/post/17010628

Dont think i would pay thousands for a demo TV that has god knows how many hours on it.

I wasnt worried about hours because the Technology is such that a few years worth of runtime really wont phase it. The actual physical condition of the set and perhaps the circuitry are what concerned me most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts