AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dismantled my G70 chassis and put it on the curb for takeaway. The Jawas got it and I just realized I forgot to take the brackets for the ceiling mount off.

Does anyone have a chassis with brackets or loose brackets alone I could buy? I have the mount still.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted some signs with some tempting metal and promise of a cash reward. Hopefully the same guys will drop by and call me. We have about three or four guys in pickups who drive around just looking for scrap metal and junk left on the curb.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
That Sucks!!!! if you had a marquee i could help ya out

Nashou

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
you really F-ed up. Ceiling brackets are hard to come by and rarely sell for less than $100.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
I think I might have a set in my storage closet. Let me check. If so, they'll cost much less than $100.

That would be wonderful if you find them Clarence. If you do find them and they are "much less than $100" I will send you a small bit of Officer Murphy memorabilia from a famous scene in Robocop for saving my dumb ass.

Continuation of the story for the peanut gallery:

I was three hours from home when got a call today from a friend who thought the guy had brought back the shell. But it was a false alarm. I never quite understood what happened but I think the unknown visitor just didn't understand english and misinterpreted my sign.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence /forum/post/17049929

I think I might have a set in my storage closet. Let me check. If so, they'll cost much less than $100.

i'm always looking for marquee brackets. If you have any for "way less than $100." please let me know.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Are you just looking for the one piece that bolts to the bottom of the projector which has the hooks sticking out ?

Is the bracket the same size for the G70 as it is for the D50 ? If so, I have one you're welcome to for shipping cost(assuming I can find it in the pile...).

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
AC

Are you still kicking yourself for those brackets?

Just go to Virgils and make one...will cost you no more than 25 bucks...hell I'll help you do it if you wanna come over and get it done!

Good hunting for the ones you through away...hehe

Draganm...I got a set of aftermarket brackets that came with my M9000LC that I don't use...PM me. (I'll have to find them in my garage though!)

Martin

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am making my own brackets. The front ones are fine and will bolt to a beam but the back brackets I am going to have to mock up a way to secure it to something up there.

I was doing just that a couple days ago when for reasons I don't remember the drywall lift I was using sort of went out of control and I cut my hand pretty good. Got four stitches. Awesome adventure.

I am toying with going back in and setting it up again tonight. Hopefully with less drama. However the brackets would have been nice. I'll send Clarence the hospital bill.
Just kidding really.

Edit update.

The projector went up nicely. This time with no blood and the rear stock brackets I bought from Home Depot lined right up on nearest crossbeam.

The only minor downside is its truly fixed in the one position. My previous had some tilt which is a debatable advantage. I could also smack it left and right a little when need be. Each of four brackets has one half inch bolt through it and two nails. But the drill hole is a little too close to the edge of the wood beam for me to feel totally comfortable, so I have a redundant turnbuckle and chain taking the weight off the whole system and were it to suddenly collapse would at least buy enough time to get out of the way if not hold the thing up on its own.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhman /forum/post/18103181

I think I saw those Jawas about 50 kilometers from a moisture farm . They just sold an R2 unit and a protocol droid to some folks out there.

Yeah I went by that farm. It was burned up by Imperial troops. Killed two farmers. Very sad. I am going to join up with the rebellion next year after the crops are harvested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats really sad dude. you need to deep search to get it alone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts