AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing through some of my bookmarked D-Theater purchase sites and I noticed either American Pie wasn't listed anymore or there was not stock (at 8 different stores)!

Looks like Universal is pulling out of the D-Theater game! Fvckers!

I guess you'd better get your Universal titles while you can!

Troy

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I hope you're wrong...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Oh dear. And high-res Shannon Elizabeth was my only reason for considering a D-Theater deck...

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It's just typical MCA. Very low runs on these. But It's well known that MCA is thinking of dropping D-Theater, so who knows...?

·
Registered
27,423 Posts
Is anyone going to continue making D-VHS?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Is anyone going to continue making D-VHS?
Jeff,

That's just it. No one knows for sure and those who may be in the know are keeping quiet.

What we know is Artisan is out (something to do with a busines merger?), and Universal is releasing titles, but they quickly disappear. Dreamworks has been pretty dormant from the get-go and I no one really knows where they stand.

Fox is the #1 player in the D-Theater realm and I applaud them.

Other than that your guess is as good as ours. With the advent of Blu-Ray with it's suppsosed 05' delivery, we may see a quick demise of D-Theater. So I'd pick up as many titles as possible if you want to keep the investment solid. Otherwise for recording you could have easily picked up a Mits D-VHS deck and saved a buck-or-two. :)

Troy

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I managed to get what must have been one of the last copies of AP from WSR last week. THey were the only place with it still in stock, and it was on sale. Just delivered today, so I'm glad I gotit when I did.

Question... you said from 8 stores??? I only know about 4, so I'd appreciate the full list ;)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
These are all the stores I used in the past... there are a couple of others, but I dont remember off hand.

widescreenreview

dvdempire

lasersedge

dvhsmovie

bestprices

sendmemovies

captainvideo

foxstore

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony summed up the stores for ya!

Troy

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
What are the 5 releases for December? Are these new announcements?

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Thanks guys. Matt, the scheduled releases I know of are:

21 Grams D-Theater

Lost in Translation D-Theater

Love Actually D-Theater

Rundown D-Theater

Truth About Charlie D-Theater

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
OK. Those titles I knew about. I'm buying exactly zero of them. If they would release THE HULK or PITCH BLACK or RIDDICK, I'd be buying something.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tkmedia2
These are all the stores I used in the past... there are a couple of others, but I dont remember off hand.

widescreenreview

dvdempire

lasersedge

dvhsmovie

bestprices

sendmemovies

captainvideo

foxstore
Two others:

moviesunlimited

cduniverse

Neither has an obvious D-VHS section. for moviesunlimited search for "d-vhs" on title search to get a list. for cduniverse you have to just search on a specific title and look for for a "digital vhs" heading.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Is Alien out of print now? It's no longer listed at Foxstore. Fortunately I was able to find another copy elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Troy LaMont
What we know is Artisan is out (something to do with a busines merger?), and Universal is releasing titles, but they quickly disappear. Dreamworks has been pretty dormant from the get-go and I no one really knows where they stand.

Fox is the #1 player in the D-Theater realm and I applaud them.

Troy
While I also applaud FOX for their support for D-Theater, I was a little shocked when I updated my stats on D-Theater tapes:

Fox - 33 Titles released, none pending = 33 Total
Universal - 33 released, 5 pending = 38 Total

Artisan - 11 released, none pending = 11 Total

Dreamworks - 8 released, none pending = 8 Total

All others - 6 released, none pending = 6 total

Total Library: 91 released, 5 pending = 96 total

I did not count the 7 Artisan titles annouced that were never delivered (Basic Instinct, Dirty Dancing, Reservoir Dogs, Stargate, Terminator, Total Recall, Young Guns) nor did I count the 4 FOX titles that were announced but left in Limbo without a ship date. (Bedazzled, The Seige, The Sound of Music, Titan A.E.)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
For cduniverse, it was browse in all catagories and they listed DVHS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.