AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself getting a headache staring at the screen and trying to figure out whether the blue is converged/focussed or completely off. Then i try to watch a movie and the ugly blue lines rear their head again. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How you guys manage to do it time after time without getting migraines all the time, i'll never know. ;)

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I take a lot of Aleve. Who said we don't get Migraines? :)

Marc

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Setting up the blue is tricky. Basically you can glance at th escreen breifly as you do adjustments as to not get that twlite zone feeling :)

Look at the edges of the hatch patern lines and you will be able to tell if the focus is good or not by seeing if th elines look nice and thin and shap if they look fat and fuzzy then you need to keep adjusating. Doing the blue geometry is just as bad because you need to look at only the blue patern. Converging the blue is not so bad because you are aligning it with the green and at that point youll either see green or blue outlines or geyish solid hatch pattern.

Simple tip dont stare at the screen :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Are you running your Pj for at least an hour before you converge?

Wayne

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by WJSD
Are you running your Pj for at least an hour before you converge?

Wayne
Nope! :eek: Only for something like 30 minutes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I find the convergence screen from the free Nokia Monitor Test to be very useful in fine tuning the blue. The convergence screen within that program is essentially a large crosshatch pattern with each line being composed of alternating red/green/blue. If you click with the left mouse button while on that screen you cycle around the colours. It is very easy to see subtle convergence errors and you aren't staring at a screen with the colours overlayed, which can get a bit tiresome after a short while.

Of course this is only applicable if you are feeding the projector from a PC.

Cheers!

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.