AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Mitsubishi LT-46131. I've had this set for only ten days, and last night when I was close to the set, I noticed two stuck pixels, one in the upper right corner stuck on cyan, and the other in the lower left corner stuck on magenta. I don't know how long they've been there. They are totally invisible from my viewing position, so they don't affect the picture, but now I know they are there, so it kinda bothers me that the set isn't "perfect"anymore. I also hear that faint "cricket" noise when I put my ear right up to the back of the set (I can't hear it otherwise).

I would return the set for a new one, but it would be a pain in the ass to return it to the Sarasota store where I bought it (100-mile round trip), and there is no guarantee the replacement set wouldn't be worse. I don't know if CC's extended warranty for in-home service/replacement applies here...I'll have to call them.

Is this a common occurrence? I figure the set has over 6 million (1920 x 1080 x 3) subpixels in the screen, so there's bound to be a few bad ones in most sets. I am more picky than most people, so I want zero defects. Is that even possible in a set with that many pixels?

HELP!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I picked up the new 47" Vizio 1080p the other day and it had 1 stuck pixel (green) dead center, I didnt notice it till my friend pointed it out then my eyes kept fixating on it. Brought it back to costco and got a new one, the new one has no issues (knock on wood). Stuck pixels these days are rare compared to back in the days.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie411 /forum/post/0

I picked up the new 47" Vizio 1080p the other day and it had 1 stuck pixel (green) dead center, I didnt notice it till my friend pointed it out then my eyes kept fixating on it. Brought it back to costco and got a new one, the new one has no issues (knock on wood). Stuck pixels these days are rare compared to back in the days.

It was visible from the normal viewing distance for a 47" screen (about 10 feet)? That would drive me nuts. In my case, the stuck pixels are totally invisible from more than 5-6 feet away. They are not "hot", so when the screen is black, they are black.

I figured out what is going on. The cyan pixel has the green and blue subpixels working, but the red subpixel is off. The magenta pixel has the red and blue subpixels working, but the green subpixel is off. I may try running some pixel fixing software on those two pixels overnight and see if it helps.

If the software doesn't fix them, I will live with the two stuck pixels for now, because it does not affect the picture from my normal viewing distance, and returning the set would be a hassle. I have three years to see if any more pixels go bad. If so, I'll get the set replaced.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When they deliver the replacement TV, I will run a pixel checker on my laptop connected to the TV, and put up red, green, blue, white, and black fields to ensure there are no dead, hot, or stuck pixels. Once I am satisfied, the delivery guys can take the old TV away.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay...update...CC delivered the replacement TV...the new one is perfect...ZERO bad pixels...and is a lot quieter than the old one. I'm happy.

CC has a customer for life...or until they screw me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.