AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both on sale!!! Swweeeet deal on 8700 at AVS...Sweet deal on panny 4k.....AAAHHASHHAHhh

and only one day to decide!

Panny 4k- sweet "movie like" video...but maybe a bit "dim" (quotes from some here) also lens shift automatic feature

Epson- Rebate- freee bulb, AVS "check-out" before they send it....newer...BUT...have heard some no-so-good things...

looking at ceiling mount (below top) about 13 feet- approx 130 secreen size.

any thoughts from the hive?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Generally the consensus since the 8500 was out was that the Panny has more features, but the Epson is a better overall performer (enhanced with the 8700). I don't think a person can really go wrong with either one...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJim /forum/post/19561352

I'd go with the feature set of the Panny. They're both going to look fantastic; the Panny will give you the ultimate feature - Poor Man's CIH. And make sure you buy a 2.35:1 screen.

Jim

That is exactly why I went with the Panny 4k. I wanted the CIH without having to buy the extra lens and sled. They say that you lose 25% resolution this way but, honestly I don't even notice and neither has anyone else.

Invest in a good screen as I did. I got a Stewart 130" Firehawk G3 2:35.1 screen and it was worth every penny. Watching my favorite films in widescreen is simpy thrilling. I don't understand why more manufacturers don't offer this feature. This is what separates Panny from all the rest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good god! Stewat firehawk cost as much as the projector!

Any "similar" products out there that cost less?

If you want to donate yours to me cause its getting "old" and worn out....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus /forum/post/19561529

good god! Stewat firehawk cost as much as the projector!

Any "similar" products out there that cost less?

If you want to donate yours to me cause its getting "old" and worn out....

You're right it is expensive, I saved about a grand off of retail. My thinking was that this wont be my last projector and I will probably replace it in a year or two. The screen will last forever and will never need replacing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i may look at it for a grand off----where? (IM)

really should get the projector first- current proj. right now its on the WA laminate designer white.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I'll add to the OP's dilema and suggest the JVC HD250, also a sweet deal through AVS I believe, plus you'll get dark scene performance that the others can only dream about.

(Ex AE3000 owner and current HD350 (=HD250) owner
).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts