AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had an issue w/ ABC 7 Chicago's HD offerings, most were great.

However, with their recent marketing of being Chicagos' HD leader, with HD all day (Good Morning America, View, Wheel of Fortune, Jepordy, and now all local News), had high hopes.

However, I have noticed recently on my D* MPEG4 feed, the picture quality, on Wheel of Fortune, and most certainly their news broadcast has really deteriorated.

I know they just launched the news, but man, there is so much "motion"...I can best describe it as the "swimming/moving" grass we all report seeing during MNF games.

Was ready for HD local news, but this is underwhelming.

I havent noticed too much diff on the primetime shows (but they do not seem as crisp), and GMA has always been soft.

Is it just me??

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am guessing something is up w/ the transfer, as normally, MPEG 4 locals are 98% of what OTA is...and CBS, NBC, Fox, CW are all still greats...its only i nthe past week or so I have noticed the drop off on ABC...

·
Banned
8,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFreek /forum/post/0

I am guessing something is up w/ the transfer, as normally, MPEG 4 locals are 98% of what OTA is...and CBS, NBC, Fox, CW are all still greats...its only i nthe past week or so I have noticed the drop off on ABC...

Maybe you're finally realizing the differences as none of it looks as good as OTA given the proper calibrated equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.