AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess now that ABC has a few hit shows they're going to treat start/end times as cavalierly as NBC does. For the 2nd time in three weeks Lost was still airing when my recording ended at 8:00 (central time). I'm downloading the ep on ********** to see if anything happened at the end, but it's extremely aggravating.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
...and the worst part is that PBS isn't any better about the start/end times, but that's because they don't own a clock...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I just padded this show to take care of that. But I agree, what a bunch of BS.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rm -rf *.*

...and the worst part is that PBS isn't any better about the start/end times, but that's because they don't own a clock...
The irony is that PBS used to be the one that broadcast the time and date data on the vertical blanking interval. :)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
LOL - oh well... '06 Q2 for a fix to that problem I guess...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, I was kinda pissed when Lost ended earlier. Then I remembered the wife records "The Bachelor" and there was the ending. Guess I shouldn't give her too much of a hard time for recording that gibberish.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Spoiler Alert:

At the end of Lost, Gilligan fowled up their only chance to get off the island. At least, Ginger was standing there half-dressed (2004 style--not 1970 style).

Cheers

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
A.S.-

OT: Did you ever see that photo of the entire cast of Gilligans Island with a completely naked Ginger and Marianne each hanging off of Gilligan/John Denver's arms (doesn't matter what year, 2004 style or 1970's style- nekeed is nekeed as Ray Stevens would say...) - don't know if its faked or not, but when a friend (who, disturbingly enough, is a Gilligans Island fan) emailed me the photo one day I fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
We're not missing much when this happens.

I asked on Usenet what happened at the end of Lost. My recording stopped when Jack said "My father died in Sydney" and Kate responded "I'm sorry". All we missed was Jack saying "So am I."

The other time that it ran long, we saw it cut off while the camera showed Locke looking at the boy and his father after he returned the dog. All we missed was the camera panning back some more, no action or dialogue.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Paco II
So Lost is moving to Wednesday at 8pm? This is what, the 3rd day/time move since it started?
1) no clue where you got that from this thread

2) I live in the Central time zone, Lost is on from 7:00 - 8:00 here (actually like 7:00 - 8:01)

3) Lost has stayed in the exact same time slot since it first aired...there have been some repeats on Saturday and some scheduling shenanigans because of the presidential debates, but at least for me every new episode so far has aired in the exact same time slot

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
I guess now that ABC has a few hit shows they're going to treat start/end times as cavalierly as NBC does. ... but it's extremely aggravating.
I have had this complaint for awhile noting how Fox often stared the Simpsons early. Sci-Fi also doesn't always end its shows on time. I have the feeling that stations are less likely to be precise in their start/stop times because of DVRs so I won't single out ABC for my ire on this issue since they all are likely to do the same at some point.

YMMV

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paco II

So Lost is moving to Wednesday at 8pm? This is what, the 3rd day/time move since it started?
You may be thinking of Jack and Bobby which is moving from Sundays to Wednesdays.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
You probably want to check those 10pm episodes then. Some were

moved to 10pm, only to be moved back to 8pm at the last minute,

causing many people to record tabloid news shows in the 10pm slot.

This is for west coast market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These type of shceduling quirks piss me off. F/X was doing it for like the last four or five episodes of Rescue Me as well. Why can't they just accept the fact that people are going to use DVRs to time shift the shows they want to watch?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by barmar
We're not missing much when this happens.

I asked on Usenet what happened at the end of Lost. My recording stopped when Jack said "My father died in Sydney" and Kate responded "I'm sorry". All we missed was Jack saying "So am I."

The other time that it ran long, we saw it cut off while the camera showed Locke looking at the boy and his father after he returned the dog. All we missed was the camera panning back some more, no action or dialogue.
Thanks Barmar.. thought my wife is still massively pissed off about this (memo to self: I must stop playing with ABC's program schedule and making the Replay cut off the end of shows).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed this about "Lost" this week too, but it's hardly a new thing. Check out the break structure in "The Simpsons" on any given first-run. Even without football to screw it up, "The Simpsons" often cruises out to x:33 or x:34, so Fox can cram in more breaks for a (relatively) highly-rated show and have fewer in what ever follows, which is usually lower-rated.

So yeah, padding is a great idea.

BAJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.