AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching this game, and was wondering if anyone knows what this is?? is it SDTV?? EDTV? Or is it in HD? It seems much sharper/clearer than what I'm used to when watching sports on DirecTV.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
It's nothing special, just good old upconverted NTSC. I'm surprised you think it looks so good.

Also, live HD sports is always 16:9, which this is not.

Where do you get your locals from? DirecTV? If so, they probably are playing around with the stat muxing today, which can make a big difference in picture quality.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My OTA picture on this game was very, very good. I also was wondering what was going on.

And the game was a lot of fun, especially the final score.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why does ABC refuse to give us NBA in HD? They were in Dallas even, all they had to do probably was ask to borrow Mark Cuban's cameras. Will the playoffs even in been in HD? This is ridiculous!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Left
Why does ABC refuse to give us NBA in HD? They were in Dallas even, all they had to do probably was ask to borrow Mark Cuban's cameras. Will the playoffs even in been in HD? This is ridiculous!
Are there differences between 1080i and 720p equipment? Even if Cuban agrees.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ein
Are there differences between 1080i and 720p equipment? Even if Cuban agrees.
Oh yah, I forgot does ABC does 720p, I would think you could down convert though, but I dunno.

I just said that because I remember Cuban let NBC have his HD feed a few years ago for a Mavs vs. Lakers game, but of course NBC is in 1080i.

I miss NBA on NBC. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what it was, but it definitely looked much better than any of my locals on DirecTV. They do way too much compression on satellite locals...It makes sense that it looks better since the cable hdtv channel has a lot more bandwidth even if its just a standard resolution picture.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Looked like crap if you ask me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.