Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Ken hasn't started the topic yet, I'll take the lead on this --

Is anyone else having terrible sound problems on MNF right now, or is this something peculiar to Detroit?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Yes. Me too. I figured that it was just me being in the boonies... that's why I checked here :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now we've just lost picture and sound in Detroit for a moment. But the sound appears to have improved...

I think the problems have cleared up. Now can someone from outside SE Michigan tell us if they were having audio problems?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Ahhhhh..... Blimpcam blurovision :eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Watching on TWC Memphis, TN. Getting some sound glitches sporadically. Picture looks great, not as good as CBS, but it beats the pants off of SD. The SD camera changes are fugly though. Sure makes me happy I made the HD upgrade.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The backdrop blimp shot must have been taken last night (or earlier) because they had a shot over the stadium before that from the blimp and it was butt-ugly Smear-Definition. Why oh why won't they box those? The farther away the worse it looks.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I said yesterday that I didn't notice that much difference with the 49ers on CBS (1080i) and MNF (720P). Now that the 49er game is recent in my mind I've changed my opinion. I think football in 720P on a 1366X788 plasma is better. Slightly crisper, clearer and no motion artifacts.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Can anybody from Indianapolis verify that RTV is even broadcasting (6-1). I've pointed my antenna every way possible and can't even get a blip.

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Bob,

You want 25.1 as WRTV does not remap their channel.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wow, thanks Charles. I could have sworn I watched last week on 6-1. I either need better glasses or I'm too senile to even care about HD.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Picture is perfect here in Memphis using OTA & RCA F38310...however, I'm suffering a very irritating audio glitch. Anyone else dealing with this issue? Could it be my antenna? (I'm getting a very good signal strength, +80)

Note my post in the Local HDTV forum:

Quote:
Hey everyone,

MNF comes in great OTA on channel 24-1. The picture is awesome on my F38310, but there is a very annoying audio problem. Every 2 or 3 minutes, the 5.1 surround is accompanied by an awful-sounding "scratch" noise...kind of like I have a DJ scratching a record in my home theater.

Any other Memphis / non-Memphis MNFers have this problem? TIA!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.