AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic will open at 9pm ET.

Please post all related comments here, thanks.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's up in HD & 5.1.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Looking good in West Michigan and in 5.1!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks good in Baltimore WMAR-DT in 5.1!! Wow, and also got the Yanks/Orioles in HD just 3 channels down. Is this a great country or what?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Looking great here in Boston. The difference between ABC and CBS is considerably narrower than it was in January.

MNF really needs the HD (or at least a decent SD) skycam.

·
Registered
87 Posts
After watching CBS SEC game and the Eagles Patriots game I can say this does not look nearly as good. This could be my Cable HD Tuner as it upconverts 720p to 1080i

·
Registered
506 Posts
Up in NEPA, Looks great, the Giants Helmets really POP in HD!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is there any considerable difference (actually, any difference at all) if I switch the output of my 5100 from 1080i to 720p to match the 720p telecast? Using a Mits 65" RPTV.

·
Registered
45,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally posted by 1080iAddict
Is there any considerable difference (actually, any difference at all) if I switch the output of my 5100 from 1080i to 720p to match the 720p telecast? Using a Mits 65" RPTV.
Will the Mitsu do 720p? If so, give it a try.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it looks great, but I thought the Vikes game on ESPN last night was better. I'm watching on WTNH-DT (New Haven, CT) and the signal strength is maxed on good. And it's been raining pretty hard here.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
HD and 5.1 in Las Vegas via Cable and OTA-

The 5.1 does not seem as discrete as last weeks game. Last week, I could turn off the center channel and get rid of ALL the announcers, and could isolate discrete rear left and right channels. This week, even with center off, I get some announcer bleed-through to the mains and the rears sound matrixed. Anyone else notice this, or could it be local?

PQ: Some good shots with great PQ, but they are few and far between right now - Hopefully it will get better. It seems there are a lot of SD shots; and even some of the HD shots are not quite right and going in and out of focus.

vegggas

·
Registered
422 Posts
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

I got no pix now and cannot get it back. The 5100 will not let me select anything other than 480i and 480p. I got a blue screen and it aint Giant blue.

stressing now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
OK. It's back. The short answer to my question is ...... the Mits does not display 720p. Once I switched it, I had no display, and to make it worse, I tried to switch the 5100 back using its own LED display and it would not go back to 1080i (only 480i, 480p and off). So I literally RUN to the back room to grab a composite video cable and mysteriously the 5100 setup menu is on the Mits, so I select 1080i (now it lets me select it) and I am back in action.

It was as if Ken sent a signal to the 5100 to reset it for me. Pretty neat trick - thanks!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Vegggas,

Tried to shut off the center here in Baltimore. Running audio through MC-12B. Same result - bleed over to remaining channels. Did not try this last week but a neat trick.

-adam

·
Registered
422 Posts
Playing on the Mits setup options (looking for a 720p setting), I can switch to a 960i format. I never heard of such a dog. Maybe a format in another country?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.