AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABC MNF Week II: The Tuna - Back In The Land of the Giants!

4K views 67 replies 45 participants last post by  Vaggeto 
#1 ·
This topic will open at 9pm ET.

Please post all related comments here, thanks.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by 1080iAddict
Is there any considerable difference (actually, any difference at all) if I switch the output of my 5100 from 1080i to 720p to match the 720p telecast? Using a Mits 65" RPTV.
Will the Mitsu do 720p? If so, give it a try.

#15 ·
HD and 5.1 in Las Vegas via Cable and OTA-

The 5.1 does not seem as discrete as last weeks game. Last week, I could turn off the center channel and get rid of ALL the announcers, and could isolate discrete rear left and right channels. This week, even with center off, I get some announcer bleed-through to the mains and the rears sound matrixed. Anyone else notice this, or could it be local?

PQ: Some good shots with great PQ, but they are few and far between right now - Hopefully it will get better. It seems there are a lot of SD shots; and even some of the HD shots are not quite right and going in and out of focus.

vegggas

#17 ·
OK. It's back. The short answer to my question is ...... the Mits does not display 720p. Once I switched it, I had no display, and to make it worse, I tried to switch the 5100 back using its own LED display and it would not go back to 1080i (only 480i, 480p and off). So I literally RUN to the back room to grab a composite video cable and mysteriously the 5100 setup menu is on the Mits, so I select 1080i (now it lets me select it) and I am back in action.

It was as if Ken sent a signal to the 5100 to reset it for me. Pretty neat trick - thanks!!

#22 ·
Quote:
It was as if Ken sent a signal to the 5100 to reset it for me. Pretty neat trick - thanks!!
My powers are substantial, yes, but I don't think they extend physically into the Commonwealth of Delaware. Maybe Toledo, OH?

#24 ·
Quote:
Is there any considerable difference (actually, any difference at all) if I switch the output of my 5100 from 1080i to 720p to match the 720p telecast? Using a Mits 65" RPTV.
I've tried that with my BEV 6000 and Toshiba 42H82, and haven't been able to see any difference in pq. Both the stb and tv seem to do an equally good job with the conversion to 1080i.

And as for the skycam.... The shots from ESPN last night were remarkably better than they are tonight. Is it just a different type of camera that they're using, or does ESPN have some kind of magic up-converter?

-Sp

#25 ·
Someone needs to inform the ABC Camera Man that he does NOT need to zoom-in on every play! If you watch closely like I have, we are missing alot of the football game because ABC (maybe?) feels the need to get close-up shots. This was probably needed and encouraged when the game was only in 480i, but it is almost unwatchable in HD. By contrast, ESPN's Minnesota/Bears game was shot much better. Does anyone know something that I don't? Does anyone else feel cheated???

Go Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.