AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some comments on audio pops on ABC. They are pops ever few seconds. I experencied this tonight. It was on our main reciever Pid 36 used for 5.1 audio. The Dolby decoder on this receiver was flashing all 6 lights when there was a pop. I was able to get someone on the the phone and change to the backup receiver. Not many stations have a backup receiver. A reset would take 30 seconds or so.

There was to be an update to correct this problem but it has not been released.

JStigler

WFAA-TV

Dallas, TX

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,614 Posts
A-OK in Detroit tonight.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I don't have a Dolby Digital reciever yet. I know, I know. I had a tremendous number of pops through the stereo output on the HD broadcast of Blue in Raleigh. I called the station and they checked and said they would work on it. After a couple of commercial breaks I checked back and everything was good to go. Incedentally the last couple of minutes of Spin City had the problem as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hope it gets updated soon, I tried to watch for about the first 10 minutes but had to turn it. The pops were frequent and loud, I don't have real expensive speakers, about $1,200 a pair, but they are not cheap either. I was afraid it was going to damage them, other then just being annoying.

I am glad to see you guys are working it with a fix coming soon hopefully.

Phil

By the way, I was also getting a lot of video breakups too, more than normal that is, as WFAA is one of my worst channels to receive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.