AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
John -

Thanks for the alert. I'd seen a preview and made a note to see it, then of course forgot. ;)

- Tom

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They would have to put this in the Friends/Survivor timeslot :rolleyes: Just what I need, a triple conflict. Well, I guess I know what I'll be watching live since ABC is the only one I get in HD right now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't worry about the conflict. After a few weeks, "Threat Matrix" will no longer be a threat. It will be gone with the wind, just like every other ABC show for the last couple of years that tries to compete at 8:00 on Thursdays.

DeanP66

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
if people quit watching lame reality shows, maybe the good stuff would get a fair chance, damn lazy viewers

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Don't worry about the conflict. After a few weeks, "Threat Matrix" will no longer be a threat. It will be gone with the wind, just like every other ABC show for the last couple of years that tries to compete at 8:00 on Thursdays.
If tonights episode is any indication, I beg to differ. This show was pretty damn sweet, and HD looked good.

Matt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not a bad show, not great either. Kinda reminds me of a more cheesy and over the top Mission Impossible (the movie bc of all the high tech gadgets, etc). I thought the picture quality was about the same, if not better than most of the other ABC dramas. Why they put this on a Thur at 8 is beyond me, it would be perfect at 8 on Mondays, then we would have nothing but HDTV on ABC from 8-midnight :)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
It was pretty good, but I like MI-5 better and I really don't know how many spy shows per week I can take. It's not a conflict with Friends or Survivor for me though. Survivor blows, so I don't watch it and Friends is SD, so I Tivo that one. Threat Matrix it is since it's the only one in HD at that time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My daughter had to turn away during the initial interogation scene. I guess HD made it too realistic.:D

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
i did think the pq was as consistence as nypd blue but well done, and content wise i think it has potential, this was decent for a pilot

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I lost interest very quickly. The intro before the credits was pretty good, but it went downhill fast. I think it was the 2 lead characters being a divorced couple that turned me off, besides the fact that they spent the first 10 minutes sitting in a room in front of computers gathering intel.

It looked and sounded great, but there's no way it's going to stick around in that timeslot.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Roto
I lost interest very quickly. The intro before the credits was pretty good, but it went downhill fast. I think it was the 2 lead characters being a divorced couple that turned me off, besides the fact that they spent the first 10 minutes sitting in a room in front of computers gathering intel.

It looked and sounded great, but there's no way it's going to stick around in that timeslot.
The review in USA TODAY said it is a lousy show (the reviewer just plain hated it). I have to agree.

The divorced couple working together? give me a break. Why must all the shows have to have a soap opera flavor as well as be so politically correct. Political correctness now includes a deaf person in the usual character "mix".

USA TODAY in its review made reference to the program 24. If you want a thriller, and missed last year's episodes, then buy the DVD set. Outstanding 5.1 audio and near HD PQ. But same idiot daughter.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Some scenes seemed to be afflicted by squish-o-vision, like it was shot at 2:35 and stretched so there wouldn't be any black bars.

Other than that, I think I've figured out that my local critic and I just don't see eye-to-eye. She didn't like Dead Like Me, Jake 2.0, and Threat Matrix. I thought all were pretty good, although I agree that TM and Jake 2.0 probably won't stand a chance against their competition.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Roto
I think it was the 2 lead characters being a divorced couple that turned me off
How original. Anybody care to list how many times this shows up in movies/tv shows? I can start with:

Evolution

Outbreak

Sphere

Turns me off too, it's so overdone.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The picture and sound were great. I did not care for the show because of the PC correct cast and somehow I feel the real message of the show is to make all the joe six packs think there is nothing to fear. This is what homeland security does on a daily basis.

·
Registered
17,673 Posts
The title is kind of bogus, too. It claims it's the name of the brief given to the president each morning. Actually, the real report is called "The President's Daily Brief." It is put together in the CIA's publishing facilities and driven to the White House each morning. I guess, though, you can't sell a show with a title like that, though. BTW, they don't use a plastic report cover on it either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The show was okay but not great. I was fine with it since nothing else new was on yet. Did not like the ending if the US ever really did that I would be pissed off.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Shing
Some scenes seemed to be afflicted by squish-o-vision, like it was shot at 2:35 and stretched so there wouldn't be any black bars.

I noticed the same thing from the very beginning of the show. The show did nothing for me and I tuned out after about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What a horrible show. If I see another "fantasy-technology" show like this I'm going to puke. Case in point, the scene where they are trying to find a person on the bank surveillance camera, which they can magically make people disappear from the video and see what was behind them. On top of that the video is better than HD quality and is captured at a hight frame rate so they can do super slow-motion. Give me a break, either all producers are morons or its the same guy that did Enemy of the State. (the scene where they took surveillance video from a store and rotated the perspective 360 degrees to see what was in a bag!)

But the HD quality of the show was nice...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.