AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my hs10 on watching DVD for few days, but I find that whenever I turn it on, the hs10 always use "memory stick" as its default input settings, so I have to click the input button again and again to change it on correct channel. It seems that hs10 cant "remember" the input channel settings at last time. Somebody tell me why? thx.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Strangely enough, my HS10 seems to remember the last input item some of the time. I'd say 9/10 times it's defaulted to MS, but a couple of times it has gone back to the input I used last.

I think it may have to do with whether or not the PJ is receiving any signal. In the manual I believe it states to turn on the PJ last. It'd be worth making sure your video source is up and running and then turn on the PJ and see if it defaults to the correct input.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine seems to be inconsistent in how it works. 95% of the time it goes to the MS input (which I never use, like most of us I suspect).

Other times it selects an input that I actually use (I only use s-video 1 and Component). I thought it might be able to pick the input that already had a live signal on it, but last time I tried powering up the HS10 last it just went to MS again. I'm pretty sure it does not select the last input that was in use.

I must say the usability is weak in this regard. I wish there was a discrete button on the remote for each input, rather than having to cycle through them. And I wish I could disable the inputs I never use. Oh, and it should respond a bit quicker to the remote - I sometimes find myself pressing "Input" twice because I think it missed it first time, only to have it change twice on me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wirwin
... it should respond a bit quicker to the remote - I sometimes find myself pressing "Input" twice because I think it missed it first time, only to have it change twice on me.
This is a big pain in the butt!

On the default bizzo, I think that someone said the it does select the last input used once the Cineza splash screen disappears. I personally wouldn't know, I'm not that patient.

If I was designing the remote, I would replace the side shot +/- with dedicated focus, replace the volume +/- with a dedicated zoom, have discrete input selectors and have dedicated wide mode selectors (or at least have it so that when you pressed it the cursor pad became active so you could scroll forward and backward. You could do the same for volume and side shot for that matter.). Now, that's some way toward a decent remote.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joebwan
This is a big pain in the butt!

On the default bizzo, I think that someone said the it does select the last input used once the Cineza splash screen disappears. I personally wouldn't know, I'm not that patient.

If I was designing the remote, I would replace the side shot +/- with dedicated focus, replace the volume +/- with a dedicated zoom, have discrete input selectors and have dedicated wide mode selectors (or at least have it so that when you pressed it the cursor pad became active so you could scroll forward and backward. You could do the same for volume and side shot for that matter.). Now, that's some way toward a decent remote.
EXACTLY

I'd like to know what retard decided to make the 4 biggest buttons on the remote Sideshot and Volume. 4 WASTED buttons in a home theater environment, and they take up half the remote!!!

Sideshot when used, is set ONCE, where zoom and focus may constantly be used when adjusting for aspect ratios. As far as VOLUME is concerned, if that's your sound system in a home theater..... my friend, you spent WAAAAAAAAY too much on your monitor. :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Quote:
I'd like to know what retard decided to make the 4 biggest buttons on the remote Sideshot and Volume. 4 WASTED buttons in a home theater environment, and they take up half the remote!!!

Sideshot when used, is set ONCE, where zoom and focus may constantly be used when adjusting for aspect ratios. As far as VOLUME is concerned, if that's your sound system in a home theater..... my friend, you spent WAAAAAAAAY too much on your monitor.
I can't believe that anyone with an HT system that includes a pj doesn't already have a universal remote. I plan to program all the necessary functionality into my MX-500 and put the Sony remote in the drawer with the other six that never get used.

:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by traveler
I can't believe that anyone with an HT system that includes a pj doesn't already have a universal remote. I plan to program all the necessary functionality into my MX-500 and put the Sony remote in the drawer with the other six that never get used.

:rolleyes:

Good Point.

I actually used to have one, then I bought something, I don't remember what, and it didn't quite work right, so I abandoned the whole idea. But, this was years ago, and I'm sure there are much better ones.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been using my Pronto remote. I used the discrete codes for the HS10 and have no trouble selecting the exact Input I want with one button press.

In my case it's the "component" input, but it works just as well for the other inputs.

...Rohit

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes a learning remote is the best answer. I also use a Pronto to control the HS10.

I have to agree though that someone really wasn't thinking when they designed the HS10 remote - it's a pile of junk as is the manual - half of it is devoted on how to use the memory stick functions!

What a joke for a Home Cinema projector - I swear I will never buy anything again with a proprietory memory stick function..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Another comment on selection of inputs (to get back to the original topic of this thread):

It seems there is a 'dead time' of several seconds after power on before the HS10 will respond to the Input button.

I have been trying to program a macro remote (which doesn't support delay) and can't get it to work. It seems that I have to wait several seconds, until the splashscreen image actually becomes viewable as the PJ 'warms up' before it'll respond.

RNaval, since you say you are having success with a Pronto, have you experienced this? Or can you just go 'Power-on', 'Component' immediately?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.