AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been reading here for many many hours and think I've found the receiver I want (Denon 2807).

I've selected this because of its reported sound quality (I'll confirm for my ears by auditioning before purchase), ability to do some snazzy switchin' to HDMI, better ability to "power" my speakers, and connectivity simplification/expansion (maxed out the inputs on my tv). Additionally, I hope to be somewhat futureproof as I plan to go the projector & HDDVD route in the near future.

Before I pull the trigger, would any of you experts be willing to review my plan? I humbly thank you in advance for your time.

I currently have a partially upgraded 5.1 (bit by bit replacing Onkyo HTiB):

Audio Components--

ONKYO HT-R500 (HTiB Receiver)

Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11v.4

Center: Paradigm CC-370v.4

Sub: SKW-100 (Onkyo HTiB -- to be replaced with SVS PB12NSD)

Rears: Onkyo HTiB (to be replaced with Paradigm ADP 390s)

Video Components--

Sony KP-51WS520 (HD-RPTV) with 2 component ins (max 1080i) and 1 HDMI in

Zenith DVB318 upscaling DVD player (connected with Component to TV & Optical to AVR)

8300HD Cable Box (HD-DVR, plan to continue going straight to TV with this via component and use optical to AVR)

XBOX 360 (connected to TV with Component and AVR with Optical)

Various additional gaming systems (PS2, Gamecube) connected to TV/AVR with composite

Should I consider a different AVR for my needs?

Also -- Will I lose any quality by having my video components (DVD Player & XBOX 360 using component outputs) go to the AVR first and then out via HDMI?

Thanks again for your assistance in my decision and for helping out a first time poster.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKai_00 /forum/post/0

Should I consider a different AVR for my needs?

AVR-2807 is a fine receiver, but as you have planned already, give it a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKai_00 /forum/post/0

Also -- Will I lose any quality by having my video components (DVD Player & XBOX 360 using component outputs) go to the AVR first and then out via HDMI?

No. You will not. I use my receiver to switch both audio and video and can't tell any difference in picture quality (direct tv hookup vs connected thru AVR).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.