AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to make the jump on an LG 42PJ350. Good choice?

Is there anything I need to include with the purchase? Calibration equipment or anything of the sort? Will it have all necessary cables?

·
Registered
590 Posts
It will not come with cables. You will need the correct cables for whatever you will be connecting to it. As far as calibration I would get someone in that knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
.. both models mentioned would be very good purchases; depends on if desiring local purchase/online. Samsung does have v. good processor. Though, believe LG has slightly better blacks.

regarding accompanying items: no calibration equip., but a search thru the Forum, you'll probably locate some suitable settings which you can adjust to taste.

cables: with Cable/Satellite: if non-HD receiver (which would be waste), it will connect directly out of receiver w/ coaxial cable. If HD receiver, purchase HDMI cable (4-6ft length. 28awg-more flexible) thru the Forum sponsors (Blue Cable or Monoprice) or thru Amazon; should not cost more than $10 for one HDMI cable.

DVD player (Blu-ray): with standard player, you may be able to connect HDMI cable (or) Component (Blue/Red/Green plus need separate digital audio cable). Same for Blu-ray player, and believe Playstation 3 player.

with OTA (Antenna): plug coaxial directly into set & do ATSC search (TV menu function) for local HD-channels/local networks/affiliates. (Some SD channels will sneak in also; shown as 480i)

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you haven't jumped yet.... You might want to check out the Zenith Z42PJ240 (carried by Sears/Kmart - maybe others). The Zenith is basically a re-badged LG. Essentially the same set, but with a lower price tag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts