AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First do the new panasonics still have floating blacks?

Do the samsungs still have the most accurate color decoders out of the box?

And what about the lg infineon plasma one of them has the best score on consumer reports make that two one 50 in and one 60in are these lg worth considering?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys any info. Im thinkin samsung because i have pn50a650 and was very satisfied with color and blacks and no ir issues but have panasonic or lg become better?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb82
First do the new panasonics still have floating blacks?
The new Panasonics aren't out yet. The current 2010 models apparenty do have floating blacks according to several people in the big Panasonic Floating Blacks thread.

Quote:
Do the samsungs still have the most accurate color decoders out of the box?
Dunno, but they're apparently better than Panasonic. Don't know if they're better than LG though. This is probably a better question for the owners thread for whatever Samsung model(s) you're considering.

Quote:
And what about the lg infineon plasma one of them has the best score on consumer reports make that two one 50 in and one 60in are these lg worth considering?
It depends on exactly why they got the best score. LGs do look good but personally there are two big reasons why i would never buy one: (A) constant reports of long lasting IR, and (B) the most reflective screens of any higher-end Plasma model. There are owners threads for the LGs, i suggest discussing LG topics within one of em. People bought there's for a reason so find out what those reasons are.

Quote:
Come on guys any info. Im thinkin samsung because i have pn50a650 and was very satisfied with color and blacks and no ir issues but have panasonic or lg become better?
If you're satisfied with those aspects of your TV then be happy!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Whats your budget? would help narrow the "known" issues list if you have any concerns

1 - 9 of 9 Posts