AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after the topic and suggestions it seems like the Onkyo HT-S5300 fits my needs and comes with a 7.1 speaker set saving me cash up front but also allows for expansion to better speakers when that time comes.

Anyone with this set have any input? Any Onkyo owners having buyers regret?

Any annoying features that would make me want to avoid this?

I know theres a few threads but some seemed outdated and after a few months of potential ownership might have better insight.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased an Onkyo HT-S6200 last year and couldn't be happier with the system. It was easy to setup and the sound is great for the price. I did a lot of research on forums before I bought the system and Onkyo always had great reviews. The 5300 is a newer system and not sure of the reviews, but with Onkyo's track record I'm sure you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOTS of info on that system in here, most of it not good. definitely upgrade to the 6300 series for a much better receiver. that's my advice. i almost bought the 5300 myself. stuck on the fence currently between the 6300 and a budget component build...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_sammy /forum/post/19625746

LOTS of info on that system in here, most of it not good. definitely upgrade to the 6300 series for a much better receiver. that's my advice. i almost bought the 5300 myself. stuck on the fence currently between the 6300 and a budget component build...

Yea I was reading many people were having problems with the receiver but an update via firmware fixed many of the issues they were having. Wondering if the receivers shipping now have this update applied or if i will have to apply it myself.

The 6300 is not bad either, only 100 bucks more @ 499.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken /forum/post/19626570

Where are you finding the 5300 for $400?

I've been looking over the 5300, which Amazon has at $450, but for $50 more I think the 6300 would be the wiser option.

Newegg has the 5300 for 399 right now and after tax is like 430 with free shipping. J and R also has the 5300 for 399 but charges 72 for shipping for a total of 471.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok just signed up for an amazon accout for a 30 dollars off, plus 3 points on every dollar, and i just purchased the 6300.

They had an AMAZON PRIME trial which gave me overnight shipping for $3.99 so my total was $503.

$499 for the 6300, $3.99 overnight.

Was this a good, great, bad, stupid choice?

Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you will be very happy with your choice. I'm still running an old HTS-760 HTIB and love it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtotheizzo
Ok just signed up for an amazon accout for a 30 dollars off, plus 3 points on every dollar, and i just purchased the 6300.

They had an AMAZON PRIME trial which gave me overnight shipping for $3.99 so my total was $503.

$499 for the 6300, $3.99 overnight.

Was this a good, great, bad, stupid choice?

Thanks everyone for the input.
X2 I just got the same deal from them but free 2 day shipping heh so mine was $4 cheaper
one of the factors that led me to go for the 6300 was reading about the problems of the 5300 .. so better receiver with additional features was the way to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.