AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original plan was to get a 64"(?) Pioneer (not Elite) for $4k, but they were hard to find, couldn't find them in stores to see the picture, and wasn't sure about reliability.

If I buy this Mitsubishi tomorrow, it'll be an additional 10% off.

Any thoughts on this unit? Good/Bad?

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...at=&e=11169446

TIA

-Dennis

·
Registered
11 Posts
What are you waiting for? Go for it!!! I have the mits 65819 and love it. Still have to buy a hd-stb but I cant live without my replaytv.

enjoy the new toy

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a 65819, ISF calibrated by Chuck Williams and I *love* it. Just got a Zenith HD520 yesterday and the picture is simply spectacular.

Don't know what the A65 is, but I'd say go for it!

--Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would find someone other than BB and get a 311 model from that dealer for the same price as it has more options for the same price.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The Best Buy version is missing features that are on the more high end Mits sets at say Tweeter.

Bump yourself up to the 73" model. It's only another 2 grand! :D

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I do not know if they have Costco stores where you live but the local Costco store has the 64" widescreen Pioneer for $2799. From the reports I have seen on this forum some Costco stores have this set hooked up to HD sorces and some do not.

Rick R

·
Registered
515 Posts
I suffer from buyer's remorse badly. Almost everything I buy, eventually, I wish I hadn't (and bought differently).

Not the Mits. I got a WS-65807, and I have nothing but raves for it. 1.5 yrs. now. Disadavantages: no built-in HD, and 7" guns.

The HD (ATSC) receiver is easily remedied with an external tuner. I got a Samsung SIR-T150 which works perfectly with it. The "promise module" is vapor, unfortunately, but doesn't matter now.

The 7" CRTs result in poorer resolution than 9" guns. This I have only heard (and believe it). However, watching sports or PBS in HDTV leaves me flabergasted... I don't think my techie heart could handle any more resolution without breaking down. Real HDTV is just breathtaking with this TV.

Remote was great, too, although I have moved on to a MX-500 (Home Theater Master... I highly recommend it).

One of the BEST features of this TV, when compared to others, was that the front glaremaker is removable. ALL projection TVs have this glossy front screen protector. The one on the Mits was a glare creator major (I live Florida). On the Mits, it is removeable. This is really important. My friend bought a Sony RPTV and had to rearrange his furniture to get rid of unbearable glare. The screen, without the protection, seems to be easily damaged. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs, cat, and haven't had incident one. Probably due any day now, but I'm knocking on wood.

There I go, blabbing about my gadgets. Good luck. BTW, www.***************.com has a huge amt of info on the Mits TVs. To get the really good tweaks, you have to be a paying ($25) customer.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.