AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some last minute advice. I have read through forums on the site for countless hours over the last month trying to assemble my "perfect theater system" for my budget. Everything is under construction so I am waiting a bit longer on the projector and screen, but I have decided to go ahead and buy part of my surround sound and use it in our main watching area until the basement construction is complete.

I am planning on buying the receiver, center, front left, front right, and sub. I can get a brand new receiver for $600 shipped through accessories4less. My pick there is the Marantz SR6005 110w x7. My speakers and sub I am planning on going through ED with the A6.T pair for FL and FR, A6-6T6 center channel, and the A2-300 sub. For the speakers through their package deal I will be paying $1100 shipped for this portion of my speakers. I plan to do a full 7.1 system with the other four speakers built into the ceiling, but we are a few more months off before I will be purchasing those.

I was just hoping to get a thumbs up or down on the package thus far as I am flying blind with this purchase! I have never heard any of the products and I am purely going off of AVS suggestions and other posts by owners. Thanks in advance for any advice and help!!!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler6734 /forum/post/20870006

I just wanted to get some last minute advice. I have read through forums on the site for countless hours over the last month trying to assemble my "perfect theater system" for my budget. Everything is under construction so I am waiting a bit longer on the projector and screen, but I have decided to go ahead and buy part of my surround sound and use it in our main watching area until the basement construction is complete.

I am planning on buying the receiver, center, front left, front right, and sub. I can get a brand new receiver for $600 shipped through accessories4less. My pick there is the Marantz SR6005 110w x7. My speakers and sub I am planning on going through ED with the A6.T pair for FL and FR, A6-6T6 center channel, and the A2-300 sub. For the speakers through their package deal I will be paying $1100 shipped for this portion of my speakers. I plan to do a full 7.1 system with the other four speakers built into the ceiling, but we are a few more months off before I will be purchasing those.

I was just hoping to get a thumbs up or down on the package thus far as I am flying blind with this purchase! I have never heard any of the products and I am purely going off of AVS suggestions and other posts by owners. Thanks in advance for any advice and help!!!!

What is your usage going to be? If it is mainly HT have you checked out eD's new cinema line. They have good intro pricing and I think they are starting ship a couple weeks into September. Obviously they are brand new and no one really kow how they will sound but I figured I would throw them out there. FWIW I think I amy be giving them a chance, worst case if I do not like them they have a 30 day in home trial period.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be a good mix of HT, TV, and music. Mainly TV though. I have looked at their cinema line and and silly as it may sound the look doesn't jump out at me. I really like the look of front L & R tower speakers, and originally I was set on going with Boston Acoustics (due to an AVS suggestion), but the more I read the ED brand and name really jumped out at me. Maybe not being able to see anything but a sketch is making me hold back on the cinema line?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.